So Many Hoodies

❤️. Just ❤️.

We're Going Home - Vance Joy

~~~

Moon's POV (3rd person)

"Remind me never to get a job with a dress code that includes ties." Qibli said as he strode into his room, Moon following close behind him. He untied the bowtie Moon had never in a million years expected him to wear and undid the top two buttons of his white button-up shirt, letting out a sigh of relief as if the tight collar restricted his breathing...which it probably did. "Seriously though. Business people need to loosen up."

He rumpled his hair, returning it to the cute, messy quiff Moon was used to.

Moon giggled."Sucks to be you then. My outfit lets me breathe." She made a big deal of tracing her not-restricted collarbone

Qibli turned to face her. "Yeah, and that pleated skirt makes you look adorable, by the way." He said, nodding at her high-waisted pleated skirt.

Moon sat up in time to notice his half-grin. She felt her cheeks go warm when she realized he'd probably meant it. "You really need to stop complimenting me all the time. This much flattery can't be good for me." (Darkness of dragons lol)

Something in Qibli's expression softened. His amused grin faded into something warmer as he told her, "Sometimes, I can't help it."

Moon didn't know what to say to that. She opened her mouth to speak, but words completely failed her.

Qibli suddenly let out a laugh, probably noticing her red cheeks. "Did you really just become that flustered because of me?"

Moon shrugged. "Who wouldn't?" She asked.

Qibli grinned. "And there you were getting all mad at me for complimenting you."

That remark made Moon crack a smile.

"I'm serious though," Qibli continued.

Moon shrugged. She stood up and made her way to the mirror in Qibli's bathroom, scrutinizing her reflection. "I don't know..."

Qibli came up beside her, and tried to figure out what she was staring at.

Moon tilted her head to the side, and continued examining her reflection as she spoke. "I just tend to get super self conscious."

Qibli raised his eyebrows. "Really? You."

Moon shifted her gaze to look at the Qibli in the mirror as she answered. "Is it that hard to believe?"

Qibli laughed softly. "Kinda. I mean," He held up his hand horizontally and held it in front of Moon's stomach area. "Your waist is literally smaller than my hand. And you don't seem like a girl who obsesses over her appearance a ton."

Moon sighed. "I'm not usually, but..." She shrugged.

Qibli stepped behind his girlfriend, and wrapped his arms around her shoulders as he rested his chin on her head. "I don't know how many times I have to tell you this to get it to stick in your intelligent brain, but I seriously think you should stop worrying about your appearance. For some reason, I don't think you realize how drop-dead gorgeous you really are."

Qibli finished with a smirk as Moon reached for his hands, twining their fingers together. She guided one of his hands to her heart. "For now, I'm keeping it in here." She assured him.

At that, Qibli's lips stretched in to a tiny smile.

Moon leaned back against him, letting herself relax completely in the safety of Qibli's arms. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath before reluctantly adding, "We should probably try to make a dent in the pile of homework we have to finish by Monday." Moon had meant what she'd said, but she made no effort to move. She kept her eyes closed, and she was sure she'd fallen asleep for a moment, until she felt Qibli's lips brush her forehead. Moon opened her eyes and turned around, noticing that Qibli had slipped his arms around her waist.