Summer Bright?

This is the saddest song ever!!! im starting to fall in love with billie eilish... but i love this song so much Watch - Billie Eilish

Qibli's POV

I swear I know that new girl from somewhere... I just can't remember where...Or how.

3rd Person POV

"No." Summer answered.

"Very well, you may sit down at any empty seat miss Bright." Dune said. He looked a little shocked by the new girl's attitude, but he didn't do anything about it.

Qibli stared at the new girl as she walked to a desk in the back of the class.

"Summer Bright?" He whispered. His voice was so soft even he could barely hear it, but the new girl must've, cause she stopped walking and stared at Qibli with an annoyed look.

Qibli had no idea what to do, so he grinned nervously at her.

"How is she so... perfect? " Kinkajou whispered from his other side.

Summer rolled her eyes and continued walking. She plopped her bag down on the empty seat beside Carnelian Copper, the girl who hadn't let Moon sit with her on her first day.

"Hey." Carnelian said. "Did I say you could sit there?"

"Was anybody talking to you?" She snapped back.

Carnelian looked stunned. Obviously no one had ever talked to her that way before.

"That's what I thought." Summer said. She sat down and shoved her airpods back into her ears and crossed her legs, bringing her attention back to her phone.

It went like this for pretty much every class. Summer was just always always always on her phone.

Finally in math class, she was spoken to by Ms. Kestrel.

The grumpy math teacher was talking and had obviously noticed Summer with her nose in her phone.

Kestrel glared at the girl for a while to see if she would look up.

"Uhem?" She said. "Miss Bright, I assume you think you're too smart for this class?"

Summer lifted her eyelids to look at Kestrel for a second, before probably deciding she didn't care what her teacher had to say and bringing her attention back to her phone.

Ms. Kestrel narrowed her eyes at Summer. "So I guess you wouldn't mind coming up here and solving this problem I was just explaining to the class?"

Summer didn't bother looking up, and her thumbs continued tapping the screen at full speed.

Probably texting. Qibli thought.

"Six hundred and seventy four." She said, still thumbing away.

Qibli heard everyone's jaw drop. He turned back to Kestrel to see her reaction.

She was fuming and looked likeshe wanted to say something, but Summer had obviously gotten the right answer.

How did she do that?

Qibli didn't realize he'd been staring at her until Moon, who was sitting beside him, tapped his shoulder.

"Hey, are you also wondering how she got that answer without even looking at the board?" She asked

Qibli was about to answer, but he was interrupted by a message in the intercom.

Code Red.

That was it. No other words. But it was enough. Everyone knew what it meant.

There was an intruder in the school, and that couldn't be good news.

Students silently screamed as they scrambled to find places to hide.

Qibli was too stunned to even move.

Or he was, until Moon tapped his shoulder again.

She opened her mouth to say something, but Kinkajou piped up.

"The new girl's going somewhere!" She whisper-shouted.

Qibli looked back to see Summer stand up with an eye roll and slip her phone into her pocket.

"We should totally follow her and see what she's up to!" Kinkajou continued

Qibli glanced at his friends as they all shrugged.

Kinkajou jumped up as soon as Qibli nodded. "Great let's go!"

"Wait hold up!" Winter said, grabbing Kinkajou's hand before she could run out of the class. And then quickly letting go like he was worried she was carrying diseases. "We have absolutely no clue what she's doing or where she's going. Are you sure that's a good idea?"

Qibli nodded slowly again, only half listening. he had no idea why he wasn't talking.

He internally sighed. What's wrong with me?

"WELL, would you rather be sitting inside the whole time while the school's under attack? Or do you wanna go be a hero and save everyone!" Kinkajou exclaimed once more.

She looked at Qibli as if to say 'Come on, back me up here.'

Qibli subconsciously ran a hand through his hair. "I gotta say, I'm with Kinkajou on this one."

"Great let's go!" This time, Kinkajou actually went out before anyone could stop her.

~~~

I feel obligated to write something here

~Maya B. 💞