Summer Bright: Part 2

Mama - Jonas Blue

Heres part two  :)

~~~

Qibli and his friends finally caught up to Summer, who was feeling along the side of a brick wall.

"Uhhh, new girl?" Winter said. "What are you doing?"

Summer didn't acknowledge Winter, or anyone, as she felt around the wall before finding a brick that was... Qibli didn't know what was special about it. He was only double-confused when she pulled it out and stuck her arm through the hole, feeling around for something.

Then it looked like she pulled something. Then the bricks parted like they were some kind of secret entrance to the school's basement.

"Woah!" Kinkajou breathed. "What is this place?!"

Summer completely ignored them all and walked into the tunnel.

Qibli and his friends followed her, not sure what they were getting themselves into.

"Please! You need to tell us what's going on!" Moon pleaded as they made what felt like the billionth sharp turn.

Qibli didn't know why he trusted Summer... he just did. She wouldn't get herself lost on purpose just to scare them off.

Or would she? Qibli had a small idea of how she was in general. Sassy, clearly not talkative... But that wasn't enough to know who she was. Would she be willing to take such a huge risk just to get rid of them? Did she have something to do with this? Did she know them?

Qibli had no idea and it bugged him how little he knew.

If anything happened to any of his friends he would never forgive himself.

Kikajou suddenly stopped, which made Qibli almost trip over her.

"We're not moving until you tell us what's going on!" Kinkajou said.

Summer continued walking. "I don't think she cares very much." Winter said

Qibli nodded. "C'mon" he gestured for them to follow Summer to wherever she was going.

~~~

"Are you sure we're not lost?" Kinkajou groaned after a few more endless minutes of walking and making sharp turns. "It feels like we've been walking for hours! How big is our school's basement?"

"It's okay..." Moon said, so quiet it was almost a whisper. "We'll get there soon."

"get where?" Winter asked. "What are we even doing here."

"We have to--" Kinkajou started, but was cut off by Summer who'd turned around so abruptly Qibli almost ran into her.

"Look. If you're tired, feel free to turn around and go back to your school. Why are you guys even here?! All you've been doing this whole time is talking and talking and talking and it's getting on my nerves. If you wanna follow me, at least shut up."

Moon stepped forward. "We want to know what you're doing here and what you know about the intruder before anyone in the school, or anywhere else get's hurt." She said, quietly but firmly.

"What I'm doing here is none of your business. You people can follow, but you don't need to know anything." Summer snapped back.

Qibli raised a brow. "Well, we're gonna find out anyways, considering you're taking us straight to the thing you don't want us to know about."

"Well you can find out on your own when we get there." Summer retorted.

Qibli waved at her. "I'm Qibli. And this is Moon Kinkajou Turtle and Winter." He gestured to his friends.