CHAPTER 2

"ARGH! JUST GET IN THE BATH TUB!" Hyunjin groaned in annoyance as his new cat wouldn't get into the bathtub slightly filled with water.

Hyunjin sighed as the orange cat sat next to him while looking at him with innocent eyes.

"Please just get in the bathtub so I can clean you. If not, I'll throw you outside!" Hyunjin warned and tried to put his cat unto the tub once again.

Hyunjin succeeded as his cat simply stood in the water that was up to his belly.

"Thank you!" Hyunjin said in relief and began to pour water on the cat. "Hmm. What should I name you?"

Hyunjin thought for a little before coming up with a name. "I'll call you Lix." Hyunjin said and smiled.

He finished washing Lix's fur and dried him with a towel. Hyunjin wrapped him in a burrito-like form and held him in his arms.

"You're actually really cute." Hyunjin chuckled while staring into Lix's face.

Hyunjin was startled when the orange tabby randomly licked his nose.

"Ew! Gross!" Hyunjin scrunched his face up and laughed.

__

Hyunjin took Lix to the vet the day after to get him tick free, since he had a whole lot of ticks on him. They also gave him some shots and medicines for diseases. Hyunjin was glad that Lix was calm the whole time. He also learned that he was about 1 and a half years old (1 cat year is basically equal to 15 human years, according to the internet). And his birthday is September 15.
Hyunjin tried feeding Lix cat food, but he would barely eat any. He asked the vet about it, but they simply said it may be because he's still getting use to normal cat food.
Hyunjin would say he started to like the orange cat. His cat acted pretty weird too. He would do stupid and funny things, and also meow at everything. Hyunjin kinda found it funny and cute.
When Hyunjin came home from work, something unexpected happen.
Hyunjin unlocked the door to his apartment and walked in. He took his shoes off and locked the door behind him. He then froze in his spot.

"W-wh-who..!?" Hyunjin stuttered as he looked at a orange haired male laying down on the kitchen counter.

The unknown boy looked up in horror.

"WHO ARE YOU....???? WHY ARE YOU IN MY HOUSE?? and why do you have cat ears.. and a tail!?!?" Hyunjin yelled in confusion.

"Oh my god oh my god, OKAY OKAY DON'T FREAK OUT-"

"I AM FREAKING OUT? WHO ARE YOU?! HOW DID YOU EVEN GET IN HERE?"

"Calm down calm down. Let me explain. You're not the only one freaking out here." The unknown boy said.

"You have one minute to explain. If you can't do that, I'm calling the police." Hyunjin said and crossed his arms.

"Oh my god don't call the police. Anyways.. I'm Lix.. Your orange tabby cat.. you know..?"

"My what? My cat? How? You can't be my cat! That's not possible.." Hyunjin said not believing any word.

"I know I know, it's my mistake. I am in fact your cat, but I didn't know you were coming home just now so I couldn't go back into my cat form.." Lix said. "And coincidentally, my actual name is Lee Felix. People, well, cats call me Lix for short."

Hyunjin just stood there, not knowing what to say.

"Do you still not believe me? I can turn back into-"

"N-No no.. I believe you.. But how is this possible!?" Hyunjin calmed down and walked closer to the male. "And why are you even laying on the table?"

"Oops sorry." Felix said and quickly jumped off.

Hyunjin looked at his cat, well now "human and cat hybrid friend", up and down. His hair was orange, as well as his ears. His tail was orange with white stripes and he was wearing normal clothing. His eyes were still a yellowish brown color and he even had freckles on his face. Felix was a little shorter than him, but overall, his human form was cute. Hyunjin randomly then poked one of his cat ears, and it twitched.

"Whoa this is just so weird." Hyunjin said while still trying to process what was happening. "Turn back into a cat."

"Oh um okay? You might wanna close your eyes. It's bright." Felix said.

Hyunjin closed his eyes but he could still see a bright light emitting from the boy. Hyunjin opened his eyes once it darkened and looked down. There he was. An orange and white cat standing in front of him.
The cat in front of him meowed and Hyunjin laughed. Felix turned back into a human without warning Hyunjin, and Hyunjin swore he almost went blind.

"This is so weird but cool! Are all cats like this?" Hyunjin asked.

"Not all, only a few. Weird thing is, sometimes when we sleep, we basically get transported into another world. That's how my friends and I meet up most of the time. There's also I guess you would call, a 'cat goddess' and she's in control of all of this. But she isn't really 'alive', she's more like a spirit." Felix informed .

"This is unbelievable.." Hyunjin said.

"Haha I know right. Don't tell anyone about this though. I was scared to death when you saw me like this. I thought you weren't gonna believe me, and even if you did, you would kick me out." Felix frowned. "I would also like to thank you for taking care of me even though you don't like cats! I was out on the streets my whole life! My friends felt bad for me but I had to deal with it. You're my savior. And your mom too." Felix smiled brightly.

"Aw, you're welcome. I think you'll be the only cat I like." Hyunjin laughed.

Felix laughed along, "Thanks for giving me a home." Felix said and hugged the taller.

Hyunjin hesitated but hugged back.

TBC

Instagram: Yeoxsang and NCTBTX