Chapter 8 -The Unfolding

Athena POV...

***1 month earlier***

I was hiding in the trees masking my smell behind the berry and climbing the trees without making a single sound.

I look down I leaped out of the tree with my sword in both hands. I was about to strike her when she jumped out the way.

"What the hell was that!" I yelled at Brittney.

"I second guess myself."

"You second-guess what, that I was going to strike you or that you were supposed to react which one?"

"Brittany in this exercise I was your enemy, my goal, my only goal is to kill you, and it is to harm you, you cannot be in battle and hesitate, because the enemy will kill you and unlike me, they will not hesitate and question you."

" but I_"

"No, no buts, no ifs, no maybes they will kill you it is my goal to get you to the point where you don't need to depend on anyone in battle, I need to know when Apollyon comes you will be ready you will have my back and I yours," I grabbed her sword and throw it down, "you don't deserve this." 

"Master I_"

"Do not apologize for your mistakes, just learn from them do not hesitate, strike me down I'll_" I grabbed my head "something isn't right."

"What's wrong?"

"My head is hurting me."

"You're human that happens."

"No, I've never been sick before," Alechimus rushed to my side, helping me to sit.

"Maybe it's karma for pushing her so hard," he said.

"I don't think I've pushed her hard enough because I don't think she's ready yet."

"Time will tell but right now, you are stressed, and your body is tired, and you have a date with Mr. Put me right in a few hours, take a nap, pamper yourself so he can put you right," we both broke out laughing in my head.

"Athena."

"Brittney."

"Maybe I should have told you this earlier, Marcus' cousins are coming to meet you."

"Great I get to meet the family even though I don't even like my fiance," I rolled my eyes feeling annoyed.

"Just continue doing what you've always done, you fake it till you make it."

"Do you know when they'll be here?"

"That's not what you should be worried about what you should be worried about is if his sister will be coming or not."

"Why?"

"Well, to cut it simple each generation has a different power like the Kings oldest brother he has a green thumb and he can grow anything just like poison ivy from batman and so can his children except each generation going down family the tree the power blooms."

"Almost like evolution?"

"Exactly like evolution, his eldest son not only can he grow plants, but he can speak with them, but his daughter she can do all of that plus have them obey her, she could turn a perfectly good apple, poisonous."

"But what does this have anything to do with Marcus' sister?"

"Marcus' and Micheal dads are twins and if you haven't realized Michael is telepathic."