Chapter 10- The Snake

Athena POV...

We stopped right at the border, separating Marcus' kingdom from the rest of the woods. I grabbed up my stuff to see that my car door opened up for me, "thank you."

"I hope you enjoyed tonight."

"I really did," Blake stepped closer to me, causing me to take a gasp of air.

"What did you like about it?"

"I loved the scenery, the view, the food."

"I love the view too," if it was anymore possible he stepped to me closer and titled his head, and lifted my chin, his lips were touching mine, automatically I closed my eyes preparing myself for what to come only to be disappointed," shall I see you tomorrow?"

Feeling stare struck I nodded my head in response, "Go ahead I'm going to watch you until you walk through the gates, I stepped away from him, where Alechimus was waiting for me at the border.

I joined his side, "you enjoyed yourself ?"

"I did."

"You need to go see your mate."

"No, I don't," I looked back to see that Blake was still standing there looking at me.

"I don't like him."

"Why?"

"Because..."

"You got into an arranged marriage?" He asked me looking over at me, "you were destined to be in an arranged marriage that was how it is for Helixians," He says scanning the woods for danger, "not only that but your life was pre-determined before you were born, and you know this, yes Marcus isn't the best person neither is he, my favorite person, but whenever you are in crisis he is the first person to respond, not because he's obligated to but because he genuinely wants to know you, and I believe just like Blake, Marcus deserves a chance too, you need to understand that he wasn't given a chance while he was being brought up, and you know as much as I do that he is there for you regardless what happens."

"You are right, but I find it so hard to want to love him," I sighed as I saw the gates of the kingdom coming into view.

"Love sometimes takes time, and I am not justifying what he did to Brittney because he was wrong to do that to you especially knowing what she means to you, but he is your soulmate."

"So, what do you suggest that I do?"

"That is really up to you, and I'm your voice of reasoning when you feel like you're in the dark."

"You think I should give him a chance."

"No, I don't think, you should level the playing field because I hear your thoughts and I know you're thinking about leaving so you never have to fight this war, but you have to or else this war will come for you, and either way we will fight this together... but I hope you choose the right way."

Our conversation was cut short, when Alechimus stance changed from neutral, to him being ready to attack.

I walking into my bedroom to see the back of someone I have never seen before, I had my swords strapped to my waist prepared for anything to happen, "Hello Athena, finally, we meet."

Marcus POV...

"What the hell are you doing here?"

"Oh, wow, getting a little feisty, I thought you'd be happy to see your little sister."

"Viperine what are you doing here?" I asked again.

"What, can't your beloved little sister come to visit her big bro' for our little family reunion before the ball?" She asked as she walked towards me.

Viperine is 3 years younger than I am, her once brunette hair was now silver with purple highlights at her shoulder with the left side shave and the rest of her hair curled, her eyes were emerald green, she was wearing a red crop top with a white snake passing through the eye, paired with a black denim shorts with red ankle diamond-studded stiletto boots with the black leather gloves that were custom made for her 'situation'.

"You could if only you were loved," I said.

"How is she?"

"She's..." My words wandered off because I didn't know how to answer.

"Awe, trouble in paradise, I see," she says as a menacing smile crossed her face,"Is she anything like Sofia?" An evil look flashed across her face that I knew all too well, "Do you remember when you were convinced she would probably be the one to save you from the beast that you really are, I remember that night all too well."

"Stop," I whispered.

"She and I became such good friends, I mean after all women of all kind are my forte," she says as her lips curled into a menacing smile, "but do you remember that night when she stripped herself naked and allowed me to drink from her, oh I remember the taste of her sweet, sweet blood running down my throat and into my veins what a rush it was, and the moans she release of pleasure."

"Stop," I said under my breath.

"And then when you walked into the room, at first, you were angry, but then that anger turned into something that I knew all too well... Blood lust, and then the monster was released, you drank every drop of her blood, and even when she was begging you to stop, you didn't, couldn't, you were hungry."

"I said to stop," I said a little louder.

"Marcus," she mimicked in a high pitched voice, "Marcus please, you're hurting me, please stop Marcus," she mimicked her voice, and everything came back to me, "yet you never stop until you snapped her neck killing her, and throwing her dead corps unto the cold floor dead, I can't wait to see what you do to Athena, I hope I get into that action too."

"I said to stop!" I shouted as I grabbed her by her hair and threw her hard into the tiled floor as pieces flew into the air, I could hear broken bones crunching and breaking.

She got up chuckling, and dusted herself off and snapped her nose back into place, "You're so easy," she said.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, still angry and agitated.

"Athena's your mate isn't she," it wasn't a question. It was more of a statement.

"You played me," I growled.

"Of course that is my role after all, but don't worry I won't tell father I prefer to see his reaction, you're protective of her which is the first I have seen I mean after all you are an asshole, I highly doubt she'll be here for very long," she said tilting her head back to my direction making eye contact with me, "And you know I'm right."

"So what if you are how is that any of your concerns?"

She looked at the portrait of us on the wall before she continued talking, "There was a reason I always preferred Amber over every girl you've dated, it was because she was a walking STD waiting to happen, but at least we knew she's a slut and will sell herself short for a penny, but this one, she's different, even the smell of her is different from other humans I encountered, I can smell her from right here."

"I swear if you lay one hand on her, I will kill you, I don't care if we are blood," I said, I could feel my eyes dilating, and turning a darker shade of blue as anger felt like it was going to swallow me alive.

She raised her gloved hand and waved it at me, "Be careful, dare brother, you don't want something to happen to you now?" She asked with a smirk, "besides you and I both know the royalty bloodline cannot die, or else I would have killed you a long time ago."

"You haven't learned how to control your power, have you?" I asked.

"Whatever you want to believe," she said as a smile crawled unto her face, "You are so clueless."

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Haven't you realize that something's different in the air?" She asked, still looking at our family portrait.

I concentrated for a while on my surroundings as I felt everything inside of me went rigid, and the blood began to rush faster, "you little bitch," I said as all the air flew out of me.

"And don't you forget it," I could feel my heart starting to accelerate, as I rushed out of the room.