Chapter 24- Transparency

Athena POV...

I stared in the water and saw my reflection; I bent down to touch the water when a hand reached out and grabbed me. I was panicking, I tried swimming up for air but whatever it was pulled me further. I kicked my leg out, trying to get away, whatever it was sunk its nails into my skin, causing me to release a muffled scream. Water rushed into my lungs, and that's when I realized I could breathe underwater.

The other version of me swam up and looked at me, "do you think I was going to kill you?" Her lips weren't moving. Instead, she was talking to me through telepathy.

"My name is Abby, and I am the reason why you have such great instincts, evolving, outspoken, confidence, and many other great things about your personality." She gave me a cocky smirk, "and I'm the reason why you control water."

"Follow me," she started swimming ahead of me, only using her legs. It was almost as if she were a mermaid. Before I could continue to follow behind her, a school of fish swam by me; they were followed by a hammerhead shark, "hurry," she called to me.

When the sun hit her skin, she appeared to be transparent, her eyes were blue and glistened, she seemed to be in her mid 20's, I swam behind her and kept close as she swam. Further, I looked down and took in an entire kingdom, and it drew in my attention, it was made entirely out of gold, I swam wanting to get closer I could see soldiers guarding the entrance, "No that is not our destination," she says yanking my arm away.

"Is that?" I ask.

"Yes, but come on, we need to go; we're running out of time. Eventually, you will go there but now is not the time," I took one last look at the Kingdom and followed her.

"Water is adaptive, it feels like its protecting you wherever you go, but it can be the deadliest thing, I know you have been exploring its wonders but I feel you have been limiting yourself to wonders to that of water thinking water is just for healing."

"What do you mean?" I asked, confused, thinking that I've been using the element to its full potential.

She ignored my question and continued ahead I watched as she swam up. I swam up behind her and took a deep breath of air and followed behind her as she walked onto land, with each step she made everything under her feet started to die, "why are you doing this?" I asked, making my way up.

"To teach you a lesson," her dark skin glistened as the sun struck her, causing me to squint my eyes.

"What lesson is this if you're causing the death of everything around you?"

"Because for you to become the person you are destined to be an innocent life has to be taken," the once bright forest started to become darker the grass was no longer vibrant and filled with life but was now black I watched as water began to circle her, I watched as the once healthy trees started to wither away and turned into ashes and blew away in the wind. The clouds in the sky disappeared and were now apart of the body of water that formed around her.

She outstretched her arm, and each droplet of water rushed into her, there was something different about her aura, something more powerful, confident, and something I could not put my finger on. "Our time together has come to an end, but my words of wisdom that I will leave with you is, just like water, it adapts to the change of its surroundings, it is stubborn, it is strong, resilient and everywhere, it will give you strength in your time of weakness," she smirks.

She ran her hand through the water droplets, "in order to win the battle sometimes you have to be the villain of the story and be willing to sacrifice everything, this will all make sense when the time comes, but remember, don't allow your heart to confuse you of your purpose," she brought her lips up to my ears, "freeze it if you have to but survive," she whispers before disappearing. 

I turned around, "WAIT!" I screamed, "I have questions, please you cannot leave me wondering I need to understand more," everything disappeared, and a castle appeared it was the same one as Marcus' except there were dead leaves everywhere.

Walking up the staircase, a cold breeze caressed me, giving me some form of comfort, and that's when I realized there was one last element I have left to meet. I have encountered earth, water, spirt, fire the child version of me that guided me along my journey the only one left was air the element I found myself gravitating to the most.

Assuming that this one was the one that would seal everything, helping me to understand who I was, and help me to better understand my powers because it is evident that I have yet to use my powers to its full capabilities. I pushed the gate open, causing it to squeak, for some strange reason, I was scared but intrigued at the same time.

I continued up the staircase, and through the glass door and up the glass staircase, with every step I made it echoed down the hallway, the paint on the walls were chipping and wearing away, I continued down the hallway that went directly to the throne room. 

I walked past the pictures of past kings and queens and down the hall and stop at the portrait that was once Marcus was ripped out, I ran my finger down the wall and realize claw marks were going down the wall and leading into the hardwood floor. I looked at the rest and realize they were all intact and was confused. A chilled breezed went up my spin. I continued walking down the hall and into the throne room.

"Hello?" I asked, looking around, "Is anyone here?" A gust of wind rustled my hair, causing me to wrap my arms around myself. I stood in the throne room when the windows slammed open, and wind increased almost blowing me out of the room I tried to hold my ground. The more I tried, the stronger the wind blew, I closed my eyes, and when the windows slammed closed, I opened my eyes and looked around to see that there was a table in the middle of the throne room filled with food.

"Hello, my name is Elvira."

"No this is not possible you cannot be a version of me, it's not possible your name means true to all, but there's a second meaning one that I refuse to accept," my heart was racing from the knowledge that was propelled at me.

"Why would you refuse to accept something that's sitting in front of you?" A smile curved on her face as she signaled for me to sit, "finish the meaning of my name, come on it will make everything better," she said it almost as if she was singing to me. She cut into her steak and place it in her mouth, she slowly chewed it and sipped her glass of wine.

"Mistress of the Dark," I uttered, feeling scared.

"Ding ding ding," she waved her hand, and a gust of wind blew the chair out for me to sit, "please sit because you and I have some matters to discuss, and I can promise you that you do not want to get me angry."

I looked at the seat before I hesitated, but reluctantly I sat, "good now, where do we begin?"