Chapter 9- First Date

Athena POV...

I was looking through the car window, thinking back to what I just found out. I looked up in the sky that Alec was close by in his hawk form.

I was brought back to reality when I heard my name being called "Athena."

I turned and looked at Blake, "mmm, I'm sorry, what did you say."

"You look beautiful."

"Thank you," I said, tucking my coily hair is my hair.

I was wearing a long-sleeve yellow dress with red embroidery matched with red pumps, and red pearl earring and necklace and my hair was done in a low puff, "I wasn't sure how to dress for tonight I hope I didn't overdo it."

"You look perfect," Blake says, he wasn't looking at my body. Instead, he was staring into my eyes. He ran his hand over the side of my face, "relax."

I fiddled with my hand, "where are you taking me?" It felt like we were driving for hours, and the scenery was the same.

"I'm taking you to the city, and I don't believe you've been able to see much of it."

"I haven't been able to see any of it."

"Mmm, well, thankfully I'm here to change that."

The car became silent. "I hope you don't mind me asking, but do you know why Britney's bloodline is damned? I know it because it was because of her grandparents, but what else was there?" I asked.

"Um, Britney's grandfather was the commanding general of the army, which is a high ranking. Because of the laws that the previous elders had passed about breeding with outsiders, it caused an uproar. When King Zapphire found out he decided to make an example of him even though they were best friends, there was more to the story, but I think you'd have to get the rest from Brittney."

"But I'm human, and I'm to marry Marcus, doesn't that automatically cancels out the law?" I asked.

"For how long?"

"What does that mean?" I asked.

"You know what that means, did you think that a race of people that is known for being an homogeneous race was going to accept you with open arms, the only reason why you are able to get this far is because your royalty."

I went silent, "Alec?"

"I heard everything."

"I cannot do this; I can't get married to him."

I didn't realize we had pulled over until I felt Blake's hand running down the side of my face, "don't worry about something that is in the future we are in the now," I nodded my head in agreement.

We continued driving in silence. We were approaching a sign when I read it out loud, "welcome to Calgary heart of the new west."

"You know my witch use to tell me bedtime stories about this world, and how strange it is with their tall buildings made of glass."

"You mean skyscrapers."

"Heard of them never quite seen them."

He chuckled, I could see them coming into my view, it was magnificent I was glued to my window and was in utter awe, the bright lights dancing around me, the busses that zipped across from me, the apartment complexes, the mountains, there was so much to see, "oh whoa is that a train on the road?!" We stopped as it went by us made entirely out of glass and me just looking at it in utter shock.

I looked over at Blake, and there was a look in his eyes it was the same look Marcus gave me the second he saw me walking into the arena, or was I just overthinking?

I looked in the sky to see an airplane and the red and white light flickering. We stopped at the red light, "why do we not live closer to the city?"

"Because we are what they would call monsters, there are those of us who do live amongst them and try to have a normal life, and to ensure that the humans stay in their place."

"Don't you ever just want to leave and not be alpha anymore, doesn't it just get tiring?"

The light switch to green and we continued driving, "you're a princess you know how it gets, but we both know we can't we have responsibilities, we have people depending on us as much as breathing down our backs, we might not have had a choice in choosing our life and the responsibilities that come with it but at the end of the day when you see your people happy, united and at peace it is the best feeling in the world."

I became quiet; we approached a sky scrapper, "wow."

"Is it what you imagined from your bedtime stories?"

"Even better," he drove through the tunnel of the underground parking lot and after parking came to my side and let me out.

He held, my hand and we took the glass elevator going up to the top floor, there was a ding, and we stepped off, "where's everyone?" I asked.

"I wanted to get to know you, with no interruptions." The entire room was lit up with lights hanging from the ceiling, and the brightest light was in the center shinning over our table.

He pulled the chair for me to sit and then took the seat from across me, "the view is beautiful. "

"Just like you."

My breath stopped, "um, thank you."

The waiter came over and shared us some wine before leaving us, I took a sip of it, I fiddled my finger around nervously, "do you like seafood?"

Instead of answering his question I took in his physical features, he was wearing a black blazer, paired with black slim-fit jeans and a white turtle neck and black dress shoes.

His hair was thick and coiled, but the sides of his head were faded, his eyes were dark brown hazel, his nose was full, and his lips were shaped like a heart, and his teeth were so white, they probably shined brighter than any of those diamonds Rhianna was singing about in her song.

Clearing of the throat brought me back to reality, "you didn't answer my question, is everything okay?"

"I uh... um... I need to use the washroom," before he could respond, I was already walking away.

I looked at myself in the mirror and started to whisper to myself, "are you pathetic?" I ask myself, "you can control the elements, you can start and end a war with the snap of your finger, heck you can fight better than any man, you're even good in calculus without even having to practice and here you are acting like a fool in front of some guy are you dumb, of course you are, now get yourself together."

I opened the window allowing fresh air to come in the restroom, when I exhaled a wave of pain hit me knocking the wind out of me causing me to fall to the floor, droplets of blood ran from my nose, "Athena is everything okay in there?" I could tell he had heard the thud I made.

"Yeah I'm fine I just lost my balance," I watched as Alec flew through the window and transformed into his wolf form, he held his head down allowing me to hold onto him for support when he helped me to my feet.

"Turn on the tap and put your hand in the water."

I did as he said and watched as the magic happened, I watched as the water wrapped itself around my arm and dissolved into my skin, my nose bleeding stopped, and soon my pain was gone. 

"You need to let him bring you home."

"No, I'm fine."

"We are not fine, Athena, and I know you feel what's happening."

"No, I don't know what you're talking about, I'm fine, we are fine."

I walked through the door, leaving Alechimus there, I could feel his worry, but I knew if I gave into what was happening to me, it would put me into despair, hence I continued to fake the night as if I knew nothing.