Chapter 20- Eleanor

Marcus POV...

Hekate came and took Brittney from us, but not before letting us know where Athena was staying. Now here we are standing and staring at the apartment complex, "It's now or never bro," Micheal rests his hand on my shoulder.

We walked through the front door and looked around at all the camera's that were fried. The hallways were quiet, we pressed the up button we could hear the elevator coming down when the door dinged and opened Micheal, and I stepped on Micheal hit the button for us to go to the floor she was staying the elevator door closed, "When did you get your powers?"

"I've had them since the night when Viperina had..." I trailed off knowing her knew where I was going, "and I was forced to forget them, and I think I know by who."

We walked through the doors, and the entire walkway was filled with vines everywhere except for one door. Which was the room Hekate told us she was staying when we opened the door. "Finally you're here", with one-touch the kettle started to heat up and whistle, the entire room was filled with plants, some exotic plants that I have never seen before.

"Where is he?" Marcus asks.

"Please have a seat, would you both like one or two cubes for your tea?"

"Athena stop, and answer me."

Her demeanor changes within a blink of an eye, "trust me, you do not want to make me mad now shut up and sit down." Micheal and I looked at each other and then took a seat in front of her.

"I'll take two in mine," Micheal says.

"I take mine black," I replied.

"I see you like the finer things in life," She says, sipping her tea.

She whistled, and on cue, some guy came out of a different room and poured mine and handed it to me and poured Micheals, placed the cubes in and place a spoon in the cup and hand it to Micheal.

"Sit," she commands him, on cue he sits on the floor next to her, she pets him on the head, "Good boy," she turned and looked at us, "drink up." 

"Athena-"

"I said to drink up; you don't want to make me mad now, do you?" The guy beside her grabbed a knife and held it, and looked at me.

"No, I don't," I pretended to drink my tea. Everything about her demeanor was dark and twisted. She wasn't the Athena I grew fond of her, this person who sat in front of me her entire aura wrecked of malevolence, not even Viperina could compare to her, or at least this version of Athena.

"Micheal, how are you doing?" She asks, dragging me from my thoughts.

Micheal looked up at Athena, "I'm doing good," He turned and looked at me as if she was psycho.

"Do you want to learn something interesting?"

Micheal nodded his head, "when I was a little girl Hekate taught me simple things like botany, how plants grown naturally in wild have magical powers, of course, the younger naive version of myself thought that flowers could give you the power to fly, but I found out they can affect not just humans, but also vampires too," I was about to get up when she raised her hand the air around me got heavy forcing me to sit, "tsk tsk tsk, patience your time is coming," she turned to Micheal, "right now you're feeling slight tingling, your heart should be racing," she took out her phone to check the time, "now, mixed with shortness of breath," on Micheal started to gasp for air, "I know that I can't kill a royal heir, but I can weaken one."

"Why are you doing this?" I ask.

"Can you smell that?" She inhaled.

"What are you going on about," she rose to her feet and walked over to Micheal.