Chapter 39- Linked to save who?

Not even the mentioning of his family made him worried, he knew that his parents and his pack were safe and could fend for themselves and that Athena couldn't.

"Come lets get you back to Helix." Edward said pulling her to her feet and carried her bridal style when the trolls were gone.

"Um... Edward?"

"Yes.. What are you going to ask me little one?" He said while he smiled down at her trying to pretend as if everything was okay, but when in reality that wasn't the case.

"I didn't know Helix was this far away from you, why do you always reach there so fast when I call you?"

He understood why she was asking since as whenever she wanted to leave she could jump from one portal to the next to get her where she wanted,"Wanna know why?" He asks.

She nods hesitantly, "Pinky promise you won't run away scared?" He asks with a grin on his face, when she nodded. He set her down slowly trying his best not to hurt her throbbing leg. She never seen him transform before, neither has she ever seen a werewolf.

He went behind a tree and took off his clothes and started to transform into a white and black werewolf. He went for his clothes and brought it to her and when she took it out of his muzzle he gestured for her to climb on.

When Athena gripped tightly into his fur and was steady enough he broke off into a sprint, Edward dodged tree after tree and before they knew it they were at the border of Helix.

Athena climbed off of Edwards back, he grabbed his clothes and went behind a tree and got dressed. He came from behind the tree and walk towards her, "I have to go now," He says.

He kisses her on the cheek taking in the softness of her skin before he steps away from her, "I wish I could have made your birthday a little better."

She didn't realize that he was saying goodbye and the last time she would see him ever again. He rescued her from being in the middle of a war and from himself.

He hid behind a tree and watched her as Hekate came to get her, "Lets get you inside to your parents, war just broke loss."

Hekate opens a portal but before they step through she turns around and looks at him and nods her head to him as if she knew what had happened. While looking down at Athena she chants a few words under her breath, then letting Athena hand go and through the portal. She turns around to hold his gaze, before stepping through the portal.

He release the breath he didn't realize that he was holding the entire time. Edward backs away from the tree and broke off into a sprint in the direction of his pack. He felt his leg weighing him down, he crashes face forward on the ground. He tries to get up but he feels this force being pushed against him forcing him back to the ground.

He tries fighting it but instead ending up being dragged against the gravel. When a new scratch healed another appeared.

He holds on to a tree trying to fight to free his legs before he is yanked up on his feet. He looks around frantically before his hands are forced to his side. He tries to scream before his mouth is forced shut.

Thats when he appears, he looks different. With their previous encounter he looked weaker, his skin look pale, grey almost. Now his skin has life, dark, and fill with life, but his thick full beard hid his true features.

Now he was pacing in front of me, "Why didn't you kill her, you had the chance all you had to do was plunge the sword into her neck, her back anything!" Apollyon shouts.

"I want her dead, now I can never get through to her because of that blasted witch, I gave you the knife why didn't you just kill her," they were eye to eye, Apollyon warm breath was tickling his nose.

"I... I don't know," he stutters.

Apollyon took him in for a while before he starts to smile, "You have feelings for her don't you?" He asks her.

"No... No I do not, I hesitated because I'd rather to see her grow up and suffer than me ending her life right there and then," Edward found himself saying to save himself.

Apollyon took him in before smirking, "Very well, you should also know that you will have to be by my side," Apollyon pauses and studies his facial expression, "you will watch her from a distance, you will study her, learn everything, and I want you to be at my side while I plunge this knife into her chest," a smile crawled on his face, "and I hope you'll be there at my side to celebrate my victory, because if I see anything even a glimpse of emotion towards her I will kill you immediately."

"Of course I will celebrate with you."

"Don't forget when you address me you call me sire."

"Yes sure."

End of flashback

I pulled my hand away and sat down, "he read more about the ceremony and realized that there was no loopholes, instead of wasting his time and continue reading on the ceremony he decides to read up on soulmates and powers," Brittney was summing up Edwards findings for us, "he read this fairytale about this couple she was a princess and he was a peasant and a warlock, he was what you called a syphon," Marcus and I looked at each other before looking away.

"She was also a vampire who had telekinetic abilities, and when they met they fell in love of course the royal family would never let her marry some warlock, when the Prince that she was betrothed to found out he decided to use black magic to force her to fall in love with him."

"The prince wasn't aware that they were so in sync that the second the spell was complete her soulmate felt it," I fiddle with fingers a few time before she continues, "When her soulmate found out he touched her syphoned her powers and was able to break through the barrier and free her."

"And he just came to the conclusion it would just work for us because what she took some of my powers?" Marcus asks, "how would he have known any of this?"

"Guys I think we should head in before it gets cold," I said trying to get away from the conversation.

"What did Hekate whisper to you Athena?" Micheal asks, rubbing his chin.

"It's not important," I whisper.
"Athena we need to know," Marcus says, he wasn't demanding me to open up like he usually did in the past. This time he sounded desperate and worried for my safety.

"It... it... Um... it was a spell," I mutter.

"What kind of a spell," Micheal asks.

I release a sigh, "it's a linking spell," I said finally giving in.

"Why would she place a linking spell between you two?" Brittney asks.

"He saved my life, at the expense of his and she probably might have known that Apollyon now knew where we were, it would also guarantee my safety, if he's linked to me he can't kill me, but he also can't be purely bad, maybe there's something worth saving maybe I-"

"No, you've done enough things on your own don't you think, Athena?" Marcus asks, "and where has that gotten you?!"

He yells, "you almost died, I almost lost you, we almost lost you, you can't just jump head first into everything and not think of the repercussions." He pauses, "maybe you're right maybe we can save him maybe just maybe, but he's far gone, I would rather sacrifice a million of him to have one of you in a heartbeat, the answer is no Athena."

For once I didn't argue for once I didn't have any snarky comeback. We all knew that the past few months have left us worn out.

"I know this is way off topic, but I know you weren't in full control, do you remember who else's hand you shook at the ball?" Brittney asks.

Marcus and Micheal looked between each other, "everyone," they said in unison.