walking for bloody years

I didnt time how long we walked.

but by the time we got to East Los Angeles my legs were killing me.
'that was the same alien from camp.' stated dariush, just as out of breath as the rest of us, 'I thought we killed that thing!'

'if it came down with he capsule, that means it survived the heat of the atmosphere re-entry.' said Alex, unleashing his full nerd powers and using them to (almost) their full potential, 'which means it must have tremendous cellular regeneration abilities. '

'English, Alex, please!' exclaimed zhenzhen, stopping.

'it's like wolverine.' he replied.

'oh.' I said as we began walking again.

'why the hell is it following us?' asked gabriel.

'it's pissed about its dog.' explained dariush, 'you ever watch marley and me or beethoven? it's a primal bond - it's out for revenge, ask John Wick.'

and here, ladies and gentlemen, is a perfect example of dariush being a dumb bitch.

'you're putting human motives on an alien life form?' said Alex, 'no, it probably just had orders to kill Collins and anyone she came in contact with. we're just loose ends to this thing. '

'it doesn't care about us dariush - but it does care for you.' I said, winking.

'no, you know what, dog theory was better.' he said, giving me an annoyed glance.

'who gives a frogs fat ass why?' yelled zhenzhen, ending all conversation there was immediately, 'all that matters is that it wants us dead. and we can't kill it.'

truth hurts.

'she's right, we should just keep moving.' Alex realised.

'im done with your ideas.' dariush whined, 'you were the one who thought to let hannibal lector out of his cell!'

dariush stepped forward, blinded with anger and the knowledge that Lou almost killing us was partly Alex's fault.

'consider your leadership privileges revoked.'

without hesitatuon Alex replied, his words tainted with bitterness and an uncanny ability of his to make it sound like the person he's talking to is an idiot, 'sometimes you do the right thing and it doesn't work out. that doesn't mean it want worth doing.'

dariush looked around, exasperated by how Alex was still trying to prove that what he did was a good thing to do, 'who the hell told you that?'

'my dad.' Alex replied, carrying sadness in his voice, 'never knew what it meant until right now.'

'look, why is it up to us to save humanity?' asked dariush after a pause.

'what, do you think someone else should do it?!' shouted gabriel, right in dariush's face, 'of course you do! the kid who's had everything done for him!'

he pushed dariush back a pace with his finger and carried on shouting, 'maybe mummy and daddy can pay the alien to go away! buy him a new Mercedes!'

that's when dariush lost it.

he headbutted gabriel, pushing him to the floor and began to fight him, 'you don't know my family dude.'

I ran forwards and broke the two apart - stopping them from ripping each others eyes out

'that's enough' I said, 'that's enough!'

I pushed them in opposite directions, hoping that they wouldn't try to start fighting again.

'you don't know me,' dariush yelled, 'my family has nothing!'