why hello

'oh yeah? except for a car dealership and a mansion, and a yacht!' shouted gabriel, threatening to lengthen the list - but he didn't have to.

'NO THE DEALERSHIP IS GONE!' yelled dariush, defensively.

'what do you -' i began, but was cut off again by dariush.

'it's all gone!'

dariush's voice went in a ritenudo (it's a music term where the notes get slower x) as the realisation of the whole ordeal hit him.

'that's why they sent me to camp man.' he said, on the verge of tears.

'it's... its just stuff.' said gabriel, not exactly helping the situation.

'I don't know what I am without all that stuff.' dariush replied, 'and they're taking my dad. he's going to jail.'

oh my god.

and there I was thinking this kid was the most privileged douche on the planet.

'i-I'm, I'm sorry.' gabriel apologised.

there was second of silence while the walkie talkie/ radio began beeping more morse code.

zhenzhen, slung the backpack of her back and took it out, just in case it wasnt the radio and was a bomb or something - you never know.

' ah, here we go' she said as she took it out.

'im sorry I head-butted you, you should clean that up.' dariush apologised - just that in itself made me smile.

'yeah that's fine.' said gabriel, touching the blood on his cut, 'sorry for... punching you.'

zhenzhen looked at the front of the radio, 'it's Dr. Fielding. he's trying to contact us, we gotta go.'

'maybe we should try to find some clothes. no clue what that thing can track, it might be our scent.' said Alex.

'then let's go.' I replied as zhenzhen picked up her bag and followed me in the direction we were going.

'by the way you guys, I've got some water you can put on your war wounds.' I said, getting a chuckle from zhenzhen.

'thanks.' gabriel laughed, as he took some water out of zhenzhen's bag and put it onto his cut.

I smiled at him - making sure dariush couldn't see - and carried on walking forwards.

'we better run if we want to get there soon.' said Alex, and we all agreed.

with that we began our trek to a mall.

------

' I hope they got a McDonald's in here.' dariush wheezed as we slowed down to approach the mall, 'I need me, like, two mcdoubles and an ice cream'

'hurry come on, we gotta get inside.' said zhenzhen.

I jogged towards gabe and leaned my head to the side to whisper in his ear, 'race you.'

he gave me a playful smirk as he yelled, 'IT IS ON Y/N'

I sprinted forwards, trying to beat this son of a bitch.

'hey' he said, running past me.

'NO!' I laughed, using all my remaining energy to dart through the doors and towards the escalator.

'oh my god.' panted gabriel as he fell to the floor, out of breath.

'beat ya bitch'