adidas reminds me of chavs

'God you two are annoying.' sighed zhenzhen, helping me up, but laughing at the same time.

'come on, I know gucci's downstairs, let's go.' said dariush walking down the escalator as we followed.

once we were at the bottom, dariush, Alex and zhenzhen walked towards some star wars costumes while gabe and me went in the direction of some mannequins.

'dude they're not real.' I joked.

'but the clothes are.' he replied.

I turned around to see dariush pointing a lightsaber at Alex's chest and turned back around.

'gabe, there's a gucci shop downstairs-' I began, before being cut off mid-sentence.

'you sound like dariush.' he sighed.

that shut me up.

'guys!' gabriel shouted and, although dariush and Alex were in the middle of a geeky argument, they came over to see what he was talking about, 'it's time for a change.'

'not to ruin the moment but that was really freakin cheesy.' I whispered.

'oh fuck off y/n' laughed gabriel, making me giggle in return.

'I'll go get changed in the toilets - meet you guys out here in 15 minutes.' I said, turning around and walking towards the girls toilets.

'we'll stay out here.' said Alex, grabbing the clothes off of a mannequin.

'y/n, what are you gonna even get changed into?' asked dariush as I realised I'd forgotten to get the clothes from the mannequin.

'this.' I said, shuffling out of the foyer.

real smooth y/n, real smooth...

------

I had expected zhenzhen to follow me to the toilets - but she didn't.

'y/n?' called gabe.

'hi.' I said, 'god, adidas really is gucci for chavs.'

he chuckled and motioned for me to follow him into a small shop where we sat down.

'so?' he asked, expectantly, once we had sat down.

I had no idea what he was talking about.

'so what?' I answered.

'I mean, I told you my life story, what about yours?' he said, seeming genuinely interested.

'oh uh.' I stuttered, not knowing where to begin, 'so I don't exactly have the best relationship with my parents, I guess.'

I expected gabriel to say something, but he didn't, he just stared at me intently with his chocolately eyes looking at mine, almost seeing through them. but I didn't mind. to be honest, it calmed me.

'they don't really like seeing me - I guess - they send me away every half-term or term holiday and are away on business trips the whole time.' I said, 'they don't love each other - they don't love me - but they do love money. and since they still don't know I have a job, they don't care about me.'

he didnt look cross.

if anything, his eyes softened and I felt tears come to mine.

'it's been like this for ages though.' I sniffed, 'it's fine really, it's just, finding you guys - people that are actually nice and kind - made me realise that I don't want to go back.'

i turned my head to the side and used my hands to dry my face.

god fucking damn it y/n, don't cry now.

'I know that at some point this thing is gonna end and it'll all be back to normal. but I don't want that.' I turned back around to him and didn't bother trying to dry my eyes again: there was no point, 'I know it sounds childish, believe me I do, but it would be like leaving your family for years. and having no one - not a single person - realise how much these people mean to you. you guys mean everything to me and I don't want this to ever end. i don't want to be alone. I want to stay with you guys. and I want to stay with you.'

I want expecting it, but as soon as I finished my sentence gabe pulled me into a tight hug.

' you will never be alone. ' he whispered,' not now, not ever. as long as I am here you will never be alone. and even if I, or anyone else, doesn't make it - you will never be alone because we will never leave your side. not even dariush.'

despite myself I laughed and buried my head into the back of his shirt.

'and don't you dare think otherwise.'