dArIUsh nO

fucking hell

'gabe' i muttered.

no one heard me.

'gabe?' i said, louder this time, and just loud enough for gabe to turn around and see me.

'oh y/n, are you okay?' he asked, flustered.

'um yeah, i think so.' i said groggily.

my eyelids felt like lead, and the sun blaring straight into my eyes didn't help.

i turned around and looked o see where the others were.

alex and zhenzhen were standing by some railing and dariush was no where to be seen.

'wait.' i said, 'where's dariush.'

instead of replying, gabe helped me up and dragged me towards the railing, putting his arm around my shoulders so i would fall over.

plus, heights aren't exactly my thing.

that's when i saw him, dariush was just visible underneath the mustang that had been turned upside down from the crash, and the alien was stuck underneath it as well.

'what's he doing?' i gasped.

'getting the key. i left it in the car.' said alex sheepishly, but not taking his eyes off the car - not even once.

well done genius.

'wait, so why aren't you getting it?' i asked, expecting an answer.

but none came.

he just stared wistfully into the distance/where the car was.

slowly, dariush crawled out from underneath the car - holding the key, ' I GOT IT!'

wow. really? i would never have guessed. even though you are holding it up and i'm not blind.

'YEAH' we shouted .

'I GOT THE KEY.' dariush confirmed, trying to hold it up higher.

just then, the alien's head stirred.

'DARIUSH, LOOK OUT.' i yelled.

'NO'

'DARIUSH BEHIND YOU!'

'TURN AROUND!'

just as dariush was shaking his head in confusion, the alien sat up - just for a second - and cut dariush's chest with is claw.

ouch.

he frantically crawled under the car again, in the hope that it was safer than just standing there like a bloody lemon.

'we gotta go.' said gabe, helping me run with them, down the steps and by the car.

jesus christ we're all gonna bloody die.

'C'MON DARIUSH.' gabe yelled.

'GO RUN'

'LOOK OUT'

'WE GOTTA GO'

dariush jumped up - with a little help from zhenzhen - and ran with us, down the concrete valley that brought us closer to JPL.

'come on, you okay?' asked gabe.

okay, hun, he just got cut by a fucking alien - do you think he's okay?!

'that cut looks terrible' i commented, looking at the gash in his jumper.

'i'm ok, i'm alright' he said.

liar.

'let's just get this key to JPL.' he sighed, but despite how much pain he was probably in, he carried on running with us.

gotta hand it to him - i would've been a right drama queen if it had happened to me.