yAy

thank fuck he stopped just in time.

and thank fuck there are actually other people.

a couple of cars had followed after the one that almost hit Alex and we realised that this could be the only other time we see anyone - that isn't one of us.

'HEY' we yelled, over and over again as we scrambled to get their attention, 'STOP!'

'HEY!' shouted a voice from behind us, we bolted around and saw and officer yelling at us. since we weren't the stupidist people alive we threw our hands in the air to surrender, 'STAY WHERE YOU ARE. DO NOT MOVE'

I really wanted to point out that they meant the same thing but also didn't want to go to prison so I kept my mouth shut.

'same side same side same side.' reassured Alex while we dropped out helmets from our hands to the ground.

there were armed soldiers in camouflage surrounding us, pointing guns at our faces. behind them were many vans, (trucks?) cars and an American school bus and together they all - apart from the bus - looked terrifying.

not as in they scared me, but the thought of what would happen if I stepped out of line at any moment did.

'kids, kids!' shouted a shoulder at the front as he turned around, trying to get everyone else to calm the fuck down.

'you should have evacuated hours ago - were at war.' he said, waking up to us.

yeah no shit mate.

'sir, we were in the mountains when the attack started.' stated Alex, 'c-can you tell us what's going on - how big is the attack?'

'did it reach the nations finest Mercedes dealership?' asked dariush.

that kid really needs to sort out his priorities geez.

'dude how can you -' began zhenzhen.

'my dad owns it. I'm the future heir to that shit.' said dariush, raising his voice (and pronouncing the h in heir which - not gonna lie - really freakin annoyed me).

'shut up!' I exclaimed.

the officer was looking at us as if we had just fallen front he sky and asked him for directions tot he nearest maccie D's.

'all I can tell you is you're not safe here' he pointed out.

wow. really? I thought that going somewhere we were explicitly told not to go to was extremely safe.

must've got it mixed up with something else I guess.

'everyone on the bus right now.' he concluded, turning a round and pointing towards the school bus with his thumb.

'isn't putting a load of people into a confined space a bad idea? especially when there's a chance of it getting blown up.' I muttered.

and no one heard me.

just as well.

I wasn't gonna argue with a soldier - that's for sure.