buses, amiright?

'I'll take you tot he evacuation centre, let's go' said the soldier, motioning for us to follow him onto the bus.

'WOAH' we yelled until he began to listen to us.

we'd come all this way to give an adult the key to save them world and were not about to let that chance pass.

'knock it off!' he exclaimed.

'hey, hey. stop!' shouted Alex, finally getting the officer to stop walking.

'what?' the soldier asked, annoyed.

'you need to take this key to pasadena.' explained Alex, taking the key-necklace thing off from round his neck.

the soldier stopped for a second and looked taken aback.

'where did you get this?' he finally said.

a bloody zoo mate.

'an astronaut from the space station gave it to us' replied zhenzhen, almost proudly.

'she said we need to take it to JPL.' said gabriel, carrying on form where zhenzhen stopped her sentence.

'what's on that key can stop the aliens' said dariush.

'you need to get that to JPL in Pasadena to a Dr. Fielding.' continued Alex.

'we've been receiving more code from a doctor fielding at JPL all day.' said the soldier. looking at the key and turning it around in his hands before looking up at us, 'finding this key has been the primary objective, thanks kid. you may have just saved the world.'

he smiled as we applauded ourselves for being bloody brilliant.

but for some reason I felt like our journey wasn't over. I mean, in movies this is the part where everything goes wrong - but I'm not in. movie, am I?

' okay we need to go. move out now!' yelled the soldier to the people behind him.

while everyone else was applauding Alex and themselves I stayed quiet. I couldn't help but wonder if this really was the end and the aliens were gone, or if it was just to divert our attention from the task at hand.

as we were herded onto the school bus gabriel saw me - I guess I looked sad or zoned out - and mouthed, 'you okay?'

I nodded my head in return and looked forwards. he probably didn't want to talk to me anyway - especially because of what happened earlier.

'look' said gabriel, getting the attention of dariush.

'there they go!' exclaimed Alex, show a s referring to the soldier with he key.

just then an explosion sounded and the car in front of the soldier's was hit.

I fucking knew it.