skrrt

well that didn't exactly go well.

he was right though.

whatever.

We stood there in silence until Alex, zhenzhen and dariush strode out.

'let's go' said Alex.

'did you find a policeman?' I asked.

'no.' replied zhenzhen. and they left it at that.

'does anyone know where to go from here?' asked gabriel who hadn't spoken for a while, 'that was kinda all we'd thought of'.

he was right.

'yeah, we could just go into the city - there could be adults there.'i replied.

gabriel made sure he wasn't looking at me as I said that.

fuck you too.

' wait, hold up. we're still not suppose to go into metropolitan areas. ' said dariush.

' it's could be a good idea. ' said zhenzhen.

' and what other choice do we have.' agreed Alex.

dariush rolled his eyes but knew there was no way we weren't gonna go.

So we set off on out bikes, into the city and through the rubble and smoke.

all the time hoping, that an adult would come and save the world themselves. but that didn't happen.

------

We had been cycling for around ten minutes when we started down a small alley.

'how is your watch still working after the pulse?' asked zhenzhen to Alex.

'it's not electronic, it's mechanical.' he replied.

who even owns a watch, let alone a mechanical one?

'yo, he's doing good right.' dariush pointed out.

come to think of it, Alex hadn't fallen off his bike since the time when we were just starting to teach him.

Alex swerved to the side and almost fell into a bin.

spoke too soon.

'yo watch out.' said dariush, raising his voice.

Alex regained hsi balance and carried on his conversation with zhenzhen, 'it was my dad's, he um.'

he seemed oddly sad and I couldn't tell why - it was probably just because his parents could be dead, hopefully they were fine.

'he gave it to you?' zhenzhen butted in.

'yeah. he gave it to me.' answered Alex, quite obviously not wanting to carry on the conversation any further.

'yo' exclaimed dariush,speeding up to get to where Alex was, 'you got this Alex, youre doing good man.'

Alex pulled out of the alley just as a car came hurtling past. frighteningly close to Alex - if it had been any closer or if he hadn't stopped in time, Alex would be dead and I wouldntve done anything to help or save him. just stand there in awe until the realisation hit me.

but luckily, that didn't happen.