just 72 miles to go

'i won't let you fall' said zhenzhen while she placed her hand on Alex's shoulder - possibly to make him feel safe or stop worrying.

We walked next to our bikes until stopping at a signpost.

___________________________
| |
| Los Angeles ===> |
| |
|-------------------------------------------|
| |
| <=== High Desert |
| |
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

(there's a fun lil drawing/thing of the signpost and just so you know, it worked when I wrote it and I don't know how to fix it for you guys, oOps)

We went right towards Los Angeles and down a hill.

'you guys are,' sighed dariush, 'I...'

We stopped to put our helmets on and began the steep ride down the hill.

'you got this,' said dariush to alex encouragingly, ' put your feet back on the pedal'

'the key is to get moving.' shouted gabriel through his motorbike helmet, he sure did look like an idiot, 'the faster you go, the easier it is to stay balanced.'

'Ar-are you sure about this?' questioned Alex.

'no.' I replied after a second.

gabriel gave me what looked like (his helmet covered most of his face) an annoyed glance but looked forward after he knew I'd seen him.

'good, you're good.' said dariush while Alex was beginning to get the hang of it, 'now just keep doing that.'

'I don't, I don't know if I can do this!' shouted Alex as zhenzhen and dariush let go of his shoulders to let him do it on his own.

'Alex, you're already doing it.' smiled zhenzhen from behind him.

'YEAH!' we cheered while giving each other high fives.

wait. it took me years to learn how to ride a bike without stabilisers. it took him A MINUTE?! damn life is unfair.

'you're doing it!' exclaimed zhenzhen over us cheering.

'oh my god, oh my god gush I'm doing it!' yelled Alex, turning his head around ot to look at us with a giant smile plastered over his face.

We cheered as we rode down the hill and got closer to Los Angeles.

if there had been any cars on the roads, we would've died.

but there weren't. and probably wouldn't be until the end of the evacuation. so that was a relief

'oooooooooooooohhhhhh' dariush vocalised.

Alex looked over this shoulder again and screamed, 'this is so much fun you -'

he went straight into a black metal thing that marked the side of the roaf and fell - face first - into the ground.

ouch.