not today satan

'hey!' said gabriel as he fell onto the sand.

'jeez sorry.' I said.

I stood up and saw that a woman (probably an astronaut seeing as she had been in the capsule) was crawling her way out of the pod - while being helped by dariush, zhenzhen and Alex.

'come on come on come on.' said dariush as he tried to get me and gabriel to help him pull the woman out of the pod.

I heard gabriel stand up behind me and run to help the woman. so, obviously I raced him there - and won.

'I thought space was supposed to make you weightless?' stated dariush.

he is literally the dumbest person I've met, so far, at least.

once she was finnaky out she looked a mess: her hair looked like it hadn't touched water for days (let alone shampoo and conditioner)  and her clothes were ripped and dirty.

'were not in space dude.' said Alex as the lady shouted from being dropped onto the ground.

oops.

she lay there wheezing for a second - she sounded like she had had all the air knocked out of her lungs and was gasping.

'where am I?' she asked, still gasping for air.

'you're at rim of the world adventure camp.' stated Alex, ' near big bear'

what an adventurous adventure camp, am i right?

and where the hell is big bear?

'this is a camp?' she asked, exasperated.

'yeah, I mean, I was disappointed too, but' said dariush, the comedic genius.

she turned her head to look at nothing in particular and - while mumbling - starting spouting what I thought to be gibberish , 'coordinates all wrong, Pasadena... Dr fielding?'

I really need to brush up on my American geography jeez.

'i-I'm sorry but we're jot near Pasadena right now.' said dariush, just as confused as the rest of us.

'JPL!' she shouted.

yes, quite.

'JPL?' questioned Alex who looked like he was going to go into full nerd mode, 'the jet propulsion laboratory, it's part of NASA .'

and there it is, full nerd mode in its not-so primitive form.

'try not to move too much okay?' asked gabriel to the astronaut.

and why should she listen to a criminal?

the lady started shaking and pulled - what looked like - a lanyard, with a wierd looking key on it, off her neck.

'the key.' she said quickly as she fumbled with it and pushed it into Alex's chest.

she was freaking me out, not gonna lie.

'take it to JPL, Dr fielding. it has everything on it, Excalibur, everything' she said, distressed.

I heard a snarling sound behind me and turned around to see the black goo from the capsule becoming stringy and move on its own.

'GO!' she said to Alex as he took the key.

I turned around once more at the Black goo had  started to look like a creature was coming out of it (or kinda like the pokemon grimer ) and started reaching forward to touch one of us.

'what the actual shit?' said dariush, raising his voice.

my thoughts exactly.

'you're gonna die if we leave you' shouted gabriel.

'WE' LL ALL DIE IF YOU DON'T! ' she shouted while we started running - it was all we could do.