so that happened

'Alex!' called zhenzhen.

We rushed over to where he had fallen and just hope to god (even if he/she is not real) he hadn't broken any bones or hurt himself.

'are you okay?' said zhenzhen, obviously worried as she sat down to help him.

'is he dead?' asked dariush - back at it with the important questions.

'does anything hurt?' I asked, kneeling down next to zhenzhen.

'Alex?' said gabriel, 'you okay?'

Alex winced as he moved his head up to look at us.

'yo, you good?' asked dariush.

'you okay?' smiled zhenzhen as he picked himself up off the ground.

'are you fine?' I asked.

Alex's expression changed dramatically as soon as he opened his eyes.

he looked worriedly at something behind me, and that's when we heard explosions.

'holy sh-' he began.

'yeah like holy... ' dariush smiled as he turned around, 'shit'

I whipped my head around to see plumes of grey smog rising from many buildings in - what I assumed was - Los Angeles.

I heard guns firing from ships in the air and a new cloud of smog was created. this happened again but the clouds just wafted away into the air.

'you alright?' zhenzhen said to Alex.

'is that where we're going?' wondered dariush

'looks like it.' I agreed.

------

We cycled down the hill and towards LA - which was exactly what we werent supposed to do, but whatever - and the streets were a mess.

there were large chunks of metal strewn around the pavement and roads and small fires here and there.

it did not look good.

'there! man, this place is trashed.' said dariush as we neared the sheriffs (or police station).

'yeah no shit.' I replied.

'looks empty' dariush muttered.

'guys, I dont -' began gabriel loudly, 'nobody' s uh, '

We stopped walking and turned around to look at gabriel.

' what? ' asked dariush, just as confused as the rest of us.

' you guys go ahead, I'll stay back and watch our bikes'

'what?' inquired dariush, 'yeah, cuz the aliens wanna jack our mountain bikes.'

'yeah, looters could take them' replied Alex, 'yeah someone should stay and watch.'

uh huh? and what are they gonna do with kids mountain bikes - there's no where to sell them and who's gonna buy them anyway?.

'uh, I'll stay outside aswell - if there's someone who really wants the bikes, gabriel probably wouldn't be able to stop them on his own' I said.

what the hell did I just say and why?

gabriel gave me an annoyed look which I just shrugged off since it was just a joke - right.

'whatever man.' concluded dariush, dropping his bike and walking to the door of the sheriffs.

------

'uhm sorry about that, uh, I don't know why I, um' I said, struggling to find words to say, 'uh I don't know why I'm apologising, uh, I'll just go in, um'

I shuffled forward to the sheriffs but was stopped.

'no its fine, I don't mind' said gabriel - thank god: I did not want to go inside after saying I wouldn't.

'thanks, sorry.' I said, shuffling back to where I had been.

awkwardness powers have been activated and boy are they ready to fucking murder my social life.