:Genius: Chapter Nineteen

Ocyne Liyla's blog

05:06:2011 15:57:02

As I'm sure my fans have heard, my first ever children's book will hit the shelves sometime early next year. As for my summer house, I should confirm that it is in fact, mine. A few of the locals knew it was mine, so I expected it to get out sooner or later.

As for Sin Paradise's sequel, that … is coming along. I can't say much about it, but I'm aiming for it to come out before November.

Thank you for all of your support, and I'm surprised at the queues already set up for my summer house. I want to do something to repay all your loyalty, but for now I should just focus on my writing, if that would keep you all happy.

-Ocyne

*

I stepped back and turned around, ready to storm off, and dumped into a familiar wall like body.

“Great.” I muttered.

“Kicked out of English already, Dunce?” I whipped around and was staring at my own private wall known as Anton. Why did he have to have a free period during my English lesson, and why did Linen have to send me out at the exact time- I spun on my heels, glaring at Mack, he was looking at us amused, and sent me a wink before turning around and to teach the class. I sighed. Brilliant.

“I didn't think Mr. Linen hated you that much.”

“He doesn't hate me.” I said quickly, and realised what it must have sound like. It really wasn't my day. Instead of smirking, like I would have expected, Anton frowned.

“You have a crush on Mr. Linen, too?” He asked in a tone I would expect from a man with a misbehaving child.

“I do not.” I said defensively. Then I added, “Who has a crush on Mr. Linen?” Just so you know, I wasn't being a complete moron there, I knew half the class were giggling at Mack's oh-so-not-funny jokes and leaning in to him, but the way Anton said it made it sound like someone he knew closely had a crush on him.

“Are you really that stupid?”

“Oblivious, more like.”

“All the females in that class par one has gooey eyes for him. The only one who hasn't is Asha, because she has recently acquired gooey eyes for my best friend.” I rolled my eyes.

“I knew that, but who was the first that caused me to be the 'too'?” He stared at me for a while.

“I didn't mean anything by it. I just meant that you're obviously just following the rest and falling in love with a teacher.”

“Don't toss the word 'love' around, Anton. It may not mean much to me, but it sure as hell deserves more respect than a synonym of 'like'.” I glared at him, before turning around and marching off. I hadn't made it four strides before I heard him following me.

“What did you mean 'not much to you'?” He asked, catching up to me easily. I shrugged, not glancing at him. I wanted to get away from him.

Don't ask me why, okay? I couldn't figure it out myself. I hated him, he annoyed me so much, but I could talk to him, and when I did, it just … I don't know, it was probably because even though he called me Dunce, and thought I was stupid, he acted like I was as smart as him. It was nothing else but good conversation.

“I've never fell in love, how can it mean anything to me?”

“Close your eyes.” I stopped in my stride and stared at him. He stopped and the same time and looked at me.