:Genius: Chapter Twenty Four

Ocyne Liyla's blog

17:06:2011

Linkanbabe43 commented:

Ocyne, where are you?

Kyliemae1123 commented:

You haven't updated your blog, we're getting worried!

Mariainparadise commented:

Ocyne, you're late! You promised an update of SP2 by now!

* * *

From the point of view of a third person.

Lilies of the Valley were sitting on the table next to Jane's bed. It was her favourite flower after all. Anton sat by her bed, his feet up and immersed in The Edge of the Circle. He always felt like reading Ocyne Liyla's books made him closer to Jane, especially after how many times they had bickered together about her work. She never seemed to disagree with him about the works of another author, so he would bring her up as much as possible, not that he would ever admit he used Ocyne to start a conversation with her.

“How is she?” Anton didn't look up from the pages of the book as Mack entered, his arm in a sling and bruises down his face.

“As stubborn as ever. She wont wake up no matter what I say.” He sounded strong and cocky as ever. It would have even fooled Mack had it not been for the crack in his voice. Mack stepped to the side of Anton, his head tilted to study the boy. Ever so slightly, Anton sunk into his chair.

Mack felt himself smirk as he saw this, using his index finger to push the book from covering Anton's face. He had stubble growing, his eyes were glazed from lack of sleep. Even with the pain of sleep deprivation he still managed to look like he'd come from a modelling shoot.

“Go get some coffee or something, Anton. Honestly you look like crap. I'll stay with Jane-”

“No, I won't leave her.” Mack detected the suspicion in Anton's voice. He rolled his eyes. If he were going to kill Ocyne, he had had plenty of opportunity in the past.

He pulled a seat by her bed and sat on the opposite side to Anton, staring at him.

“I told her you liked her.” He said teasingly. Anton sighed.

“I suppose she didn't listen?” Mack laughed, looking at Ocyne and putting his hand on hers.

“She avoids things that will make her happy.” Anton put the book on the desk and stared hard at Mack's hand.

“How do you know so much about her?” His eyes were narrowed slightly, but Mack could tell that Anton realised he cared.

“Despite what you might think, I care about Jane. I knew her parents.”

“You moved all the way to America just to look out for her?” He questioned, one eyebrow raised.

“No.” Replied Mack, looking up from Ocyne again. “She's not the only reason I came to Grace Valley.”

***

It was dark inside my mind. I imagined holding a candle, with a flickering flame lighting my mind. In front of my stood a giant teddy bear. It's stuffing bled and it's eyes staring at me, its teeth were pointed in a snarl and it's tongue was the darkest black, it's paw reached out, great daggered claws protruding out of each tip. I dropped the candle and was plunged into darkness.

Lightning struck, I twisted away from in and looked up, storm clouds were gathering faster than I'd ever seen. I shut my eyes, sitting with my feet crossed as I tried to imagine the clouds away. The lightning struck faster and faster each time, becoming a steady beat as it lit up my consciousness. I recognised that steady beat; it was reality seeping in, I focused on it.