:Genius: Chapter One

If you haven't already figured it out, my name is Ocyne Liyla. I am the best selling author everybody talks about. I'm not exactly famous though, not outside my school, anyway. I can't commend my stories at all; call it modesty, or stupidity, but I have never had a good thing to say about my story since I turned twelve, and I released my first story. 

I'm fifteen years old, just turned, and I go to McCeath School For Gifted Young Girls. I can't tell you (for security reason) where I live but I can tell you, as you'll probably find out due to the laws involved further in the story - Sorry, spoilers- that I do, in fact, reside in England.

The thing is, though, McCeath's are... well, we're not your average gifted. The school itself is quite big; it looks like your stereotypical English boarding school. In the middle of a field, grass, grass, more grass surrounding it. Pretty much looking like a ye olde mansion from the 17th century. Inside the school was a maze of corridors leading to all sorts of things you wouldn't find in an average school. The school colours are purple and black, much to the dismay of anyone who doesn't want to feel like their in some gothic teen literature. But there you go.

In the main corridor there's the school banner, adorned in the schools colours with fancy cursive writing which roughly translates from latin to;

'"Knowledge is evil which strengthens the wise" 

Which basically reminds us that knowledge is a power, and wisdom comes from those who use it well. 

The Labs are underground, the music and expressive art class rooms in the east wing, the dorms in the north wing and the Basic Knowledge classes (Maths, Science and English) is the west wing. The spy centre in the Training Building along with the P.E centre and the fields are a maze of sporty apparatus. The lounges and bedrooms are in the attics and top floor.

Finally, there are the McCeath girls themselves.

Most of the girls at McCeath, we come in as your average nerds, top of the class, no late homework, A* grades, future bright. Then Mcceath is quietly slipped into our school education choices. If you come here, which a lot of the people do (and those that don't ... well, they can't remember the choice anyway) you have two choices. Brains, or brawn.

McCeath girls reach their second year split into two groups; spy trainees and extensive learners. Yes, I basically go to a spy school. Not that McCeath actually plays a part in the whole espionage business. The only relation the school has to the spy community is the ex spies who work as guardians and at end of year when the come to pick their favourite spy recruits train.

I'm known as the nerd of Mcceath though. The smarter of the smartest, so to speak.

I've still got a year at McCeath's school, and I have a degree in English literature and a degree in creative writing. I'm McCeath Two. The second smartest person in the world, (thanks to ADEPT; Annual Development of Educational Potential Test, which ranks the top 100 smartest people in the world) falling behind barely a Ex-Mcceath five years older than me.

I'm the Second McCeath girl to get in the top ten (while still in school) in all of its four hundred history.

Let me explain, the smartest girl in the world is only twenty , the second smartest is fifteen (me), the rest of the top ten have gone past the university mark. I think there's a young boy in India who reached ninth on the list but he refused a place in any of the leading educational facilities because his mother was ill.

I'm not high risk security, I'm not in with the queen, or head of the secret service. I'm just an above average girl. As long as we don't tell anybody about the school, we aren't bothered by anyone. Just as the girls training to be spies aren't making commitments, they train in the basics of spies, how to stay hidden, how to recognise shoes prints that are so rare only three people have bought them. When they're sixteen and recruited by MI5 or the CSI, that's when they get the good training. The average nerds are mostly kept in the dark about the spy training, just so if we wanted to walk away, move schools and such, we aren't a risk to national security.