:Genius: Chapter Four

Parents,family, they can never truly be replace. No matter how hard, or bad they were, they made you, they're part of you. I admit, my parents weren't very ... caring for all the understatements there are. Forgetting my parents bad records, I could never replace them. No matter what ... They made me, and I changed them.

- Extract from best selling novel 'sin paradise'.

It wasn't until May 1st I had took up writing again. I had a strange dilemma of writing only when I was feeling relaxed. My head had finally cleared enough to realise I should have wrote another chapter by this time, at least. I was sitting crossed leg on a bean bag in the front room, even though it was sunny with the smallest amount of clouds possible, the fire was on, warming up the entire house. My notebook was out in front of me, and 'Sin paradise' had been thrown on the floor with a considerable amount of carelessness.

"Ocyne Liyla. Nice," In two second my body had froze, my eyes had wandered to the speaker and I was looking at them cautiously. "I've always found her stories other worldly." I finally registered she was talking about the book, and slowly relaxed, feeling completely idiotic for thinking someone could have caught on to my secret just from me writing a couple of notes in a book. In front of me was a women with dark brown hair blue eyes, and full lips, a man with blonde hair an almost round face and sharp features. I smiled at them awkwardly.

"I'm Jane" I said, holding out my hand, but not standing up.

"I'm Austin, and this is my wife, Lucy" the man, Austin said, shaking my hand. I nodded along.

"Nice to meet you two." I replied, closing my notes gently as not to draw attention to them, I didn't want anyone to happen upon a notebook full of dilemma’s for the sequel of 'Sin Paradise' When it hadn't even been written yet. I closed the novel as well, I'm sure not many people would appreciate the fact my only copy had scribbles in the margins for twists in the next book.

"So...you enjoy reading?" Lucy asked, a smile forming on her lips as I nodded.

"Who's your favourite author?" she asked, and that was it, as soon as I saw her glance at Austin will that twinkle I had seen some times before, I knew what was happening.

I was being sold.

In the next two days, I spent more than a lot time with Lucy and Austin. On the first day we met, Lucy and I sat down and talked until visitors had to leave. Austin started talking to Mrs Poachers. She seemed friendly enough to him. I suddenly was reminded of 'The Little Princess', a story about a little girl whose dad who sent her to a boarding school. The headmistress, Miss Minchin would put on a smile for the father, than as soon as he left she would treat the children with as much kindess as they had money and power. 

On the second day, we went into town, and visited all the tourist points in London. Lucy and Austin had a American accent, so I assumed they were newly moved, looking for a fresh start, that sort of thing. When we talked, I was taking the less than smart route, which caused them to start getting fidgety. When this happened I added something smart enough to make them draw back and look at me again, with a shocked expression.

After a week, Austin and Jane had visited me everyday. If my body language reading was up to scratch, I would say they definitely loved me. On the date exactly a week after I had met the two, I was in my room when Paul appeared at the entrance.

“Knock, knock.” He said, and entered without asking permission. I rolled my eyes.

“Hey Paul, what's up?” He sat on my bed and rested his back on the wall.

“Last night I was with my mother, we were interrupted by, believe it or not, Austin. Mum made me leave them, but from what I heard, they were arguing about something, and it sounds like he won. I think … well, I just want you to be prepared for anything, okay, Jane?” I looked at him confused. Austin and Mrs Poacher were fighting about something?