:Genius: Chapter Twenty One

The skies turned black, the guests had never seen her so angry. The bright sun had been removed, in its place was red lightning. These men and women, the people that had killed, stolen and cared for nothing, were huddling together, cowering from the small girl.

"Maria, I-"

"Silence." When she opened her mouth it wasn't her voice that came out, it was old, it was strong and it screamed in a low masculine voice.

"What happened to her?" A voice cried, as the wind picked up the speed.

"This is just a foreshadow of what's to come. She was never meant to fall in love with Linkan, so they've taken him away. This is only the beginning."

-Extract from best selling novel 'Sin Paradise'

The day after Jean approved of her boyfriend dating her best friend, three things happened. Firstly, Charles and Natalie became an official couple, making half the girls murmur about a free Anton. Secondly, Natalie was shunned from the sofa we always sit on. She walked over, not even glancing at Jean and she turned to Asha, giggling about something that had happened to her earlier that day. She noticed no one else was talking and stared at us.

"What?" she asked in her dizzy, nasal voice. Anton stood up and crossed his arms.

"Natalie, you're a lying bitch who can't control her need for attention. Leave." It was brilliant, the look on her face. She couldn't believe it, but then she turned to me, an evil smirk on her face.

"But I'm not the only one lying, am I, Jane?" She stood up, going to walk away, but before she did, she turned to and smiled, so innocently I knew she was going to say something I was going to think about for the next few days.

"Say hi to your adoptive dad for me, yeah?" I smirked at her.

"Sure." Her brows furrowed, like my reply wasn't what she expected. That's a good thing, because that was what I was aiming for. She left the sofa in a huff, probably to go lick her wounds. Or get her stolen goods to do it for her.

Lastly, the whole school was put into an exam. It's apparently an end of year thing. Most of the schools in America start their holidays in June, but because the school is competing with the English in July, and they school until the end of the July, Principal Dawson had opened the school up for another month, which is why a lot of people will probably be leaving after they get their results.

Which was yesterday. Today most of us are celebrating a well deserved Saturday. I didn't get the worst grade in the school, but I was a long way away from being the first. Of course Anton was the first, and boy was he angry when he found out he was one mark away from achieving one hundred percent on the exam. Asha was second in the school, then Harred and Jean. Natalie was further down, and Jean had looked incredibly smug about it. As an end of exam thing, we all had a long journey to Eureka, where everyone could go off on there own way as long as they were back to the bus by five o'clock. When we got there a lot of the girls headed straight to the shopping centre. I started to head there myself, truth be told it wasn't to that books shop that had an excellent collection of literature like I told myself; it was to the shoe shop, because I meet the stereotypical blonde girl's love for shoes and dresses. Instead, Asha decided to pull me to some stationary shop, and I had to pretend to pretend to be bored while looking at all the different papers and pens.

"Okay, you don't have to act interested any more. I'm finished, we can go watch a movie." I pouted, looking at her with as sad of eyes as possible.

"I wanted to look at the shoes." She laughed, shaking her head at me.

"You have too many shoes, Missy. We're going to watch that new action movie, and you're not thinking about school, shoes or anything but the movie. Okay?" I was smiling on the inside.