:Genius: Chapter Seven

"I don't judge people" Said the girl, staring at Maria. She had yellow-blonde hair, with a black striped fringe. She wore blue skinny jeans that had been ripped and torn with a black top and hoodie.

"Of course you judge, everyone does. If they wear black they're automatically like you, a Goth. If they have the name 'cheerleader' or 'football player' you, as the opposite, automatically dislike them. It's human nature, just as it is human nature is to deny all cruelty."

"You don't deny cruelty, Maria." She replied.  Maria smirked at her, her eyes glowing red for such a short amount of time the blonde hair girl was sure she had imagined it.

"I'm not your average human."

-Extract from 'sin paradise' by Ocyne liyla.

The day had moved on to dinner. The dinner hall was modern and expensive looking as much as the bedrooms. The food, well, it smelled gorgeous. There was no queue, and nobody to pay for your stuff. It was a basic buffet and the costs of dinner goes with the costs of being at this school. I suddenly wondered how much of this food must go to waste, and that it could be used for so much more.

"Jane!" I looked around, only just registering that is was my real name. Well, real to them. Jean was sitting beside Harred.

It looked abnormal, I expected this place to be like any other 'high school', cliques, nerds and populars, Jean looked like the kind of girl who was classed as a geek, and Harred screamed popular. Them sitting side by side was an oddity in the modern world's teen society. Mitrisha was sitting next to Jean, she was writing something down in a file folder. Anton was sitting reading a book.

"Hey,  Bostan, Come sit with us!" Harred called. I slowly walked over. I could tell instantly Jean didn't like me, so why would she call my name. Harred, on the other hand, was interested by me. I could tell with one look at his body language.

I figured that since this was a advanced school, the popularity charts would be according to brains, not social skills. Apparently, Anton has both, though I've yet to seen his social skills.

I sat down and removed my tray, sliding it down the table to were no one was sitting, as soon as it slowed to a halt it was snatched up by a waiter and took away to clean.

"Being popular in our schools, means the person who is the smartest." Asha said, seeing my face. 

"That would be Mr Perfect, over there." Harred pointed to Anton. I raised my eyebrow.

"He is the smartest your school has?" I could totally take him in a science challenge, and science was my worst subject. As if he heard me, (though I highly doubt it, he was engrossed in his book.) he looked up.

"Ah, Bostan, what brings you here, looking for a tutor?" He smirked. I sneered.

"I highly doubt you could teach me anything." I muttered, low enough so no-one heard, unfortunately, Anton saw my lips move, as he raised his eyebrow.

"What was that, dear Bostan?" he taunted.

"I said, go take a long walk, off a short peer." I replied louder as the others started to laugh, I saw the folded pages of his book. A brand new copy of 'The Edge Of The Circle' was what he was reading. The book had been realised in 2010. Best-sellers list for the whole year. I was quite proud of that.

Yes, it was mine, and that made me giggle.

"What?" Harred asked, obviously not getting the joke.

"You like Ocyne Liyla?" I laughed again.

"Ocyne Liyla is possibly the best author that has walked the earth, I wouldn't expect you to like her. She is far more sophisticated than you could ever be." Anton said defensively.