:Genius: Chapter six

"Where am I?" The new criminal asked the small girl sitting watching the ocean.

"Sin paradise." She said in a dreamy voice, her eyes searched over the ocean. It was as black as coal.

" A Paradise? Sounds like my kind of place." He muttered pulling his hand through wet tangled hair.

"You're here for a reason" she said, her dreamy voice suddenly turning shallow and stony.

"Oh yeah?" he asked.

"You're here to witness your paradise. A life of Sin." She said. Looking into her eyes he saw the corruption of the world. Every part of the Paradise. His screams filled the air.

"You scream now, without only one glance. You won't last long here." she stated, jumped up and skipped merrily away, singing a nursery rhyme in a slow rhythm, making it sound more dramatic. The man didn't notice. He was in too much pain.

This was how everyone met Maria Wandsworth.

-- Extract from 'Sin paradise'

I thought, when you met someone, you would smile, tell them your name and be generally pleasant.

Well, not Jean and the other girl.

"Is this a surprise for you?" I asked, looking at their blank faces. Suddenly the girls whose name I didn't know stepped forward.

"Hi! Welcome to Grace Valley High, are you a celebrity or something?"I coughed, trying to cover my surprise. My mind did a full report, looking through all the times I spent at Mcceath, I hadn't seen them, I traced back to the publishers office. Nope; they were strangers,they couldn't know I was Ocyne Liyla.

"Do I look like a celebrity?" I asked.

"Well, you kind of remind me of a model or something.” I burst out laughing. They couldn't be serious. I stared at their confused face. Sweet potatoes, they were serious.

"Yeah, Are you a celebrity?” Jean asked and really slowly, her expression turned into a glare.

"I'm not a celebrity, I'm just ... normal. I'm Jane Bostan- Dawson, nice to meet you." I smiled. Shy girl looked at Jean, obviously discussing with their eyes if they could trust my word for it.

"Of course, no model would be smart enough to get into here." Jean nodded, as if it all made sense again in the world.

"I'm Matrisha Kent, but everyone calls me Asha." She waved.

"I'm Jean Hew." I smiled at her and went to shook her hand, she ignored the hand. I was starting to think I wasn't welcome in the views of Jean.

"We would offer to show you around, but we're on the student council and we have a meeting before school." Asha said. Jean perked up.

"Yes, and we are nearly late, and I haven't even gotten ready yet." She mumbled, suddenly springing into action and getting clothes from another closet next to the portable one.

It only took them five minutes to get dressed, and Asha had left her frizzy black hair down, it suited her, and it showed off her Latino heritage..

"Bye, Jane!" Asha shouted, and Jean slammed the door shut before I could reply.

I sat on my new bed and mulled them over in my mind. They had thought I was a model. Was that why I wasn't welcome to Jean, did she think I was a rich girl that had bought her way into this school. Why would they think I was a model?

I wasn't extremely thin, in fact, I still had a tub of sweets from Christmas to work off. I wasn't exactly pretty either. Blonde, green eyes, I guess I has an athletic body … maybe.