:Genius: Chapter Sixteen

Not being able to hear yourself think is a good sign, in my opinion, that everyone is enjoying themselves. Why they shouldn't be, I wouldn't know. Less than two hours ago Grace Valley School won the semi-finals and in the near future will be head to head with my home country in the finals.

After the bell had rang signalling the start of the last four rounds Anton had seemed in an amazing mood. In fact, Grace Valley had won the competition by a whooping 80 points. Anton had answered every question par one in the last four rounds, gaining Grace Valley 110 points. Finally, Mr Linen being the favourite and fun loving teacher had announce to take the team out in to the town for pizza.

Asha and Harred had asked for me to come as well, since I was known as the “mascot”. Kim, Derrick and Jean agreed I should come, Anton didn't seem to care as always, and Natalie was the only one to disagree, but since the entire team was still hot from an easy question that could have gained them twenty extra points (and Natalie had gotten it wrong) nobody seemed to care. So we sat in the pizza place and ordered five pizzas, laughing about the answers. Every now and then Mack would say something about the questions and either Asha would calmly explain to me what he meant or Anton would be his arrogant self and call me a dunce after he'd rudely explain what he meant. Mack would smirk and wink every time Anton explained, he enjoyed seeing me humiliated.

Half an hour into eating and half of the food was gone and everyone had fell into smaller social groups where they were talking. Natalie, Kim and Derrick were one, Anton, Harred and Mack were another at the far end, and Jean and Asha had joined me.

“What's up with you and Natalie?” Asha asked Jean, she glanced over her shoulder at Natalie, she was laughing obnoxiously. Jean shrugged non committally.

“She says I'm spending too much time with Charles.” Asha started nodding in understanding.

“Who's Charles?” I asked looking between the two. I hadn't heard or seen a Charles since I had come here.

“He's my boyfriend, I forgot you haven't met him. He's a year older so he isn't in our classes.”

“But you, Natalie and Charles have been best friends since Elementary school! So what if you're dating each other now, we all know you're against making a relationship obvious!”

“You've known each other since Elementary?” I asked scrunching my nose. This was a private school, people came from all over America to get here. I didn't expect anyone to know each other.

“Just those three, they competed with each other to get the best grades, and Jean was a natural genius, the other two had to compete, especially Charles, who was meant to be smarter because he was older.” Asha explained.

“When Charles got accepted into Grace Genius', Natalie and I had to do everything to get accepted too. But since we started dating Natalie has been bitchier to me.”

“You started dating three weeks ago, she's been bitchy since Jane got here.” Asha exclaimed. I looked down. “I'm sure it's nothing to do with you.” She added, seeing my expression.