Chapter 29~Maybe Tommorrow!

Myra

Myra

I had been with Michael all night. I did not get much rest. He was waking at all hours. He had cried out in his sleep. He went through something I could never understand. The trauma he must have endured made my heart ache to think about it.

Around breakfast time Janet came in. He was still resting. I took a shower. Janet brought me a change of clothing up. Steph came up and we went to the dining area to get breakfast for ourselves. I yawn and get a cup of coffee. I was not much of a coffee drinker, but I needed it.

"How is Mike doing?" Steph asks me. "How are you?"

"Tired as hell. I got a few hours sleep. The nurse had come in and out to check on Mike. And she woke me up. He slept well. But he was crying out in his sleep. That worried me. I am not sure what all they had done to him. He did not want to talk about it" I sigh. I sit down at a table with her after we got our food.

"Poor guy" sighs Stephanie.

I nod. "I want to help him. But how can I unless he allows me to?"

"He will. Give him some time" she says.

We chat then finish eating. I did not want to leave Mike for to long. He gets worried. And he needed to remain calm right now. They were not sure when they were going to let him out of the hospital. I hoped soon.

I think he would do ten times better if he was back at Neverland then here at the hospital. I rush to get to his room. And the guards let us past. Michael was awake. He had his breakfast tray out before him. He was smiling when we came in. Janet and his mother were with him.

♫♪ְֱ ♥ ♫♪ְֱ

"Hi babe" I greet him warmly.

He flashes a smile. His poor right eye was still swelled up. "Hey, when I woke you were gone" he worries.

"I know. I am sorry. Janet told me to go get breakfast...."

"It is fine sweetie" he tells me.

"I am sorry I was not here when you woke" I say softly. Guilt settles in me.

"It is fine" Janet promises me.

Janet takes me out in the hall for a moment. "Has he had nightmares all night?" she wonders.

I nod. "Was he crying out in his sleep again?"

"Yes, I woke him. Mom could not bare to stand to see him in pain" Janet sighs. "I think he might need to see a counselor" she worries.

I shake my head. "He does not trust many people" I warn her. "He won't like the idea"

"I know my brother is strong headed. But he might need help" she says.

I run my fingers in my hair. "I know. He might. But let him decide. It is not up to us"

She winces. "I am worried about him"