Chapter 27~Keep Your Head Up!

Myra

Myra

I had a sleepless night there at Neverland. So many memories came to me. I ended up wandering outside to look at the night sky. Wondering where Michael was at. And hoping he was okay.

Even if he could not be with me, I hoped he was safe. With all my heart I wanted Dante's story to be true! That Michael had to go into hiding. And that Michael was going to come home. Maybe even return to me. Maybe he had just wanted to keep me safe.

We could marry. I force tears back. What if he did not want to marry? What if he thought I was going to be in too much danger? And that was why he left? My heart was so conflicted.

It hurt. I ached for answers. I was not going to go back home until I had the answers I needed. I kept thinking back on the day I met his family here at Neverland. I begged Michael to promise me that he would never take off without telling me.

He had promised me that if he had to be forced into hiding that he would at least tell me goodbye. That was why all this did not make sense. I brush back tears. I find myself on the ferris wheel.

I ride up to the top where I once had with Michael. I overlook all of Neverland. Wishing he was here beside me. But he was not. The north star shined bright. I never was one to make wishes. But I needed to. I felt lead to.

♫♪ְֱ ♥ ♫♪ְֱ

"Please bring Michael back home safe and sound. That is all I want" I say as I close my eyes and make a wish.

"Myra! There you are! Why are you out here at this time of night!" Janet calls out to me.

I open my eyes and see her standing below with Steph. I am sent back down on the ride. I get off. I brush back tears. Stephanie hugs me. I was having such a hard time.

"I am sorry. I was restless. I could not sleep" I admit to them.

"Me either" Janet says with a smile. "It does not feel the same without my brother here. I was worried the last time to. At least then he had you looking out for him"

"I just miss him so much" I admit. "I want to be able to tell him goodbye"

Stephanie hugs me. "Do you think what Officer Collins told us is true? That Michael was relocated somewhere else?"

"No, I told you before. I do not trust Dante" I explain to her.

"Me either" admits Janet. "he is leaving out stuff. His story is always changing"

I nod. "We need to keep a close eye on him" I say.

We decided to take a little walk on the grounds. The moon was bright. The night was clear. It was a little chilly. But in California, December was never to cold for us. I liked that a lot. We walk around and not say another word. We had heavy hearts. So many worries. We all felt the same. We just wanted Michael back home. Where he belonged.