Chapter 5~Give Into Me!

Give Into Me!

Give Into Me!

Myra

I let Fletcher sweet talk his way inside that night. I could never say no to the man. Though I was hurting I did not let him really know that I knew he did not ask me to marry him. Stephanie had come by before he had.

She told me that he wanted to ask me. But he could not ask me right now. What was so hard about spending the rest of your life with someone? What was so hard to commit? I admit there are many things I have yet to learn about Fletcher.

I had never met any of his family. He talked about his mother some. He had come from a large family and he said they were all over the world. He had met my whole family when he attended Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter with us.

My family loved Fletcher as much as I did. Some weekends Fletcher would play football in the yard at my parents with my brother's son's Eric and Gary. He was so good with kids to. They were drawn to Fletcher.

I also was confused on the fact of if Fletcher knew I found the ring why did just not talk to me about it? Maybe he was ashamed because he did not ask me. I really do not know what his reasons are.

Maybe one day I would understand them. Right now, my heart did not get it at all. Not at all. I was nearly done with this work day. All I wanted to do was go home. It was rainy outside. The rain fit my mood for the day. Stephanie comes in with the mail for the day.

♫♪ְֱ ♥ ♫♪ְֱ

"So, did you guys make up?" she wonders. I nod.

I keep working as we talk. "We had. But he did not tell me about asking me to marry him. Why did he tell you?" I blurt out.

"He figured you found the ring because it was in another pocket. He was worried. He does plan on asking you. Give him time" Stephanie tells me.

I shake my head. "Maybe it is not a wise idea to marry Fletcher anyway"

"What do you mean?" she asks me.

"I have never met his family. I do not know him all that well yet. He knows everything about me. Sometimes he is a bit mysterious" I tell her.

She frowns. "Why would he hide anything from you? I am sure there is a reason for his actions"

"I know what they are. Here are the plain facts. He does not trust me" I blurt out. I blink back tears. What had I ever done for Fletcher not to trust me? Maybe Stephanie could help me figure that out.

"No, I doubt that" she argues. "Just give it time"

"I am. Trust me, on that I am" I sigh.

"Love is worth the wait" she points out. "some of us do not have boyfriends" she reminds me.

Someone comes in the store. An odd-looking man wearing a trench coat.

He was tall. Had sunglasses on. He had a bag and a pad of paper with him.