Chapter 26~Hold My Hand!

Myra

Myra

I could not get to Neverland fast enough. I get there in the small airport by Mike's private jet plane. Janet is there to pick us up. Stephanie hated to fly but she did it for me and for Mike. Janet had a limo there to pick us up with her. We soon are whisked back to Neverland.

"Have you heard anything at all?" I ask her.

She shakes her head. "No"

"I am so sorry" I say softly.

"Not only that Dante has not been around Neverland since I questioned him. I asked him to come back today" Janet informs me.

"How has he been acting?" wonders Stephanie.

"On edge. Not like him. Like he is to busy to talk to me. But he answers my questions then wanders away. Most of the time each one of his answers are not the same" she explains to us. "I do not know why but I do not trust him"

"Me either" I admit to her. "he was the last one of us to see Michael. And he handed me the letter that Mike gave him"

"My mom filed a missing persons report. Dante was supposed to be the one watching over Mike. But he has not said if he was or was not. So today Mom went to the LA Police station and filed a report" Janet informs us. "Soon it will all be over the news"

"That will put the heat on those Hogan brothers to" I add.

"I hope so" she says. "What if they killed my brother?"

I get a chill even to think that Michael might be dead some place. Tears come to my eyes. "Do not say that! Mike is a fighter. He will return to us"

She nods. "I am so worried. I was back when he told us he was being forced into hiding due to those awful men"

"I am not happy he had to go into hiding. But that brought him into my life. I do not regret that for a single second" I say wistfully. "I am lucky to have known and loved Michael" I say softly.

"I have something of yours. I found it at Neverland. I am sure Michael would not mind if you kept it" Janet suddenly tells me. She hands me something from her purse. She places it in my hand. The engagement ring from Michael. "Keep it"

♫♪ְֱ ♥ ♫♪ְֱ

She closes my hand over the ring. Tears water in my eyes. I nod. I place the ring on my other hand though. I was no longer engaged to Michael. Or married to him. I would always treasure the ring and the time we spent together.

"Anyway, what is the next step? Hopefully Dante will come back around" I mutter.

"If he does, he will answer to me" Janet says sternly. She looks ticked. I do not blame her. We were all worried about what was going on with Michael.

We needed answers. Even if they were not good ones. Soon we get to Neverland. I have mixed emotions. The last time I had been here I was supposed to marry the love of my life.

The last time I came back was after we had a fight. He came back for me. Just to bring me here. Tears come to me seeing the house again. I never thought I would be back here. The limo pulls up in the front of the house.

♫♪ְֱ ♥ ♫♪ְֱ

"I am not staying in Michael's room. I will take the guest room" I manage to tell Janet. I could not bare to sleep in his bed. Have all those memories of him.

"I understand. That is fine" she tells me.

The butler greets us. Then gets our luggage. It was so weird that Michael was not here to greet us. This was his home. This place felt so empty without him in it. Stephanie catches up to my side as we enter Neverland with Janet.

"How are you holding up?" she asks me.

"I feel close to a break down. But I will get through this. Once we find Mike, we can all go back to our lives" I tell her.

She nods. Then we go get settled in our rooms. And come back out. Dante suddenly shows up. He is ringing the doorbell. Janet allows him to come in. He looks surprised and puzzled to see that I arrived back at Neverland.

♫♪ְֱ ♥ ♫♪ְֱ

"What is she doing back here?" he asks Janet.

"Hello Dante" I greet him.

"Hi what is going on? Your mom filed a missing persons out on Mike?" Dante ignores me then asks Janet questions.

"We are concerned. No one of us have heard from my brother. Dante you were the last one who heard from him" Janet points out. "We want answers. Now!"

"Why is she back here?" he asks about me.

"Janet asked for my help" I state to the man.

What did he care if I was here or not??

"I asked her" Janet replies. "Have you heard from my brother?"

"Mike is in protection. His life is in danger" warns the officer.

♫♪ְֱ ♥ ♫♪ְֱ

I gasp a little.

"Is that why he called off the wedding? He had to leave? And he did not want me to be in danger?" I demand to know. "Did he not want to call the wedding off?"

"I am sorry. There is little I can say about the case. We had to relocate Mike. That is all I can say" he says to us. "I am no longer on the case. The Hogan brothers know who I am. I would put Mike at risk" he warns us.

"SO, who is the officer in charge?" Janet wants to know.

"I can't say. Or Mike will be in danger. I hope this gives you ladies answers you have been looking for. Good night" Dante explains before he leaves.

"He knew? Yet he did not tell us right then when the wedding was called off?" wonders Stephanie.

"If Mike was in that much danger, he would have told me. And he would have at least told me goodbye in person. I know he would have" I mutter thinking out loud. "He would have told me goodbye"

"Not in a letter" adds Steph.

"You are both right. Something does not add up" Janet sighs.

We were going to find Mike. Something was wrong. I could feel it in my bones. And Janet and I were going to figure out what that something was. We were going to bring Mike back home to us. 

♫♪ְֱ ♥ ♫♪ְֱ ♥♫♪ְֱ ♥ ♫♪ְֱ ♥ ♫♪ְֱ ♥ ♫♪ְֱ ♥♫♪ְֱ ♥ ♫♪ְֱ

• Please vote!!!

• Hit that star ☆!!

• I ♥ comments!!

|Fan|Vote|Comment|Love|Share|Save|