Chapter 22

~Madison's POV~

"Come Garrett, come on, come on! Pick up the phone! Please?" I begged as I pressed the phone hard against my ear, listening to it ring over and over again. This was probably the fiftieth time I'd called in the seven hours that Harry and Garrett had been MIA. Mom and Dad didn't even care either! They kept saying "They'll come back," but for some reason, I wasn't convinced. I mean, did my parents come back after leaving Grandma and Grandpa? Yeah, eighteen years later and I didn't care what anyone said, I wasn't waiting eighteen years to see my brother again.

The phone went to voicemail and I grunted in frustration as the first tears slid down my face. This can't be happening, my best friend, my own brother, can't be ignoring me? It wasn't me that didn't except him! It was Mom and Dad! I already got into a ruck with my parents, screaming at them that it was their fault and begging them to just accept him for him but they were being annoying, and they weren't listening to anything I was saying so I went with the rest of the boys to their hotel room. It was originally only for Niall, Louis and Zayn and Harry and Liam were going to stay at my Grandparents but now I am staying with them so Zayn offered to sleep on the couch so we could have his bed.

At that moment, it was 8:30, dark and I was laying in bed with Liam, trying over and over again to contact my little brother. Where could they be?!

I let the sobs start coming and they didn't stop. Liam pulled me close to him so my head was rested in the crook of his neck and my tears were soaking his grey V-neck. He was stroking my hair and whispering sweet things to try and calm me down but honestly it wasn't really helping. I just felt so lost. I've always made it my duty to watch after my little brother and now knowing that I can't contact him is freaking me out. (If you're and older sibling you probably know the feeling). I felt like I had failed him in a way.

I picked my phone up and decided that I was going to send him one last text. Please, you don't have to tell me where you are or what youre doing but please just tell me that you are okay. I just need to know you are okay. I love you little brother <3 xxx I typed and I hit send, hoping and praying with everything in me that somehow, he would reply. Then I put my phone on the nightstand, curled up to Liam and he sang me Moments until I fell sound asleep. (see sidebar for song)

~Harry's POV~

I was standing out on the bow of my sailboat which Garrett and I had escaped on several hours ago. We made sure we had enough food to last us a couple weeks and clothes and all the other necessties we could possibly need. Now we were anchored somewhere in the middle of the Pacific Ocean and it was dark and the stars were shining brightly. The night was cool, and the soft breeze that blew my curls around felt almost welcoming. I pulled the sleeves of my jumper over my hands and crossed my arms to keep my warmer. I leaned against the railing and looked out over the water, wondering what the world was doing right now. We had serivice out here but no 3G so I couldn't check, plus I really didn't want to know. I didn't want to see the awful tweets that people were garunteed to be saying about Garrett and me.

Garr bear, as I called him ( I know knock off of Louis' name but Garr Bear rymes and Lou Bear doesn't) was inside the cabin, taking a shower. I had never been so happy about buying a boat but I knew this one would take us away from the world so I was happy to pay for it straight up. It was a nice boat too, it had a queen sized bed, a full bathroom, a small kitchen with a stove, microwave and fridge. It had a big deck and it was as I used to say "simple, but effective."

I looked up at the stars and said the nurse school ryhme that I learned as a kid, "Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight, I wish I may, I wish I might, have this wish I was tonight." Then I squeezed my eyes closed and wished with all my might that Garrett will love me forever and we will never be separated. I know it's crazy how much we have given up for each other and we've only known each other for a few short weeks but I can honestly say that I love Garrett with all of my heart. Nobody has ever made me feel the way he does and nobody has ever meant so much to me in my entire life. He is my shining star and I never ever want to lose him, no matter the cost. I am wiling to make any sacrifice for him, I mean isn't that what love is?