Chapter 20

~Madison's POV~

Liam, Harry, Garrett and I sat in a circle on my bedroom floor with Liam's IPhone resting in the middle on speaker phone. We were all tense, you could literally feel the tension radiating off of each of us. Simon's voice was coming through the speaker, 

"Okay so now Liam and Madison are dating?" Liam glanced at me. 

"Yes sir. And we really care about each other." He said stiffly. 

"And she is the granddaughter of some a movie director and a world famous chef/restaurant owner?" Simon asked. 

"Yes I am," I said while nodding my head even though he couldn't see me. 

"Okay, well your relationship is in the clear, you guys are free to do whatever you will out in public but nothing stupid. We will be watching. And what's this about Harry. Why doesn't he care that you guys are together? I mean Madison and Harry did date for a long time so he should care." Liam looked at me with that 'I told you so' look and I sneer back at him. But I saw Harry and Garrett look at each other and I swear I saw Harry mouth "I love you" and Garrett squeezed his hand. 

Harry cleared his throat, took a deep breath and then said, "Simon? It's Harry."

"Hello Harry," Simon said professionally. 

"So, uhm well, the reason that I don't really care about Liam and Madison is because... it's because I'm in love with someone else and I think they love me back." Garrett mouthed 'I do' to Harry and Simon fell silent on the other end. 

"And who are you in love with?" He asked. I think all four of us held our breaths. I knew this was hard for Garrett and especially hard for Harry. He  closed his eyes and I could practically see him counting to 10 in his head. 

"Well Simon... I am in love with Madison's brother. His name is Garrett." I saw Garrett cross his fingers as I heard Simon take in a sharp breath on the other end of the phone. 

There was a long silence. Like a really long silence and it wasn't even one of those silences where they feel long but are actually short. No this was like an actual long silence. Probably about 5-7 minutes passed before Simon finally spoke again.

"So, you're telling me that you're gay Harry?" Simon asked. 

"Yes sir. I haven't always felt this way about guys but when I saw Garrett, I just knew. He means the world to me and it's only been a couple weeks." 

"I see. Well this is really big. I have to run it by the rest of Management before I can give you guys the clear but I want to make sure that you are sure this is what you want and you know what this will do. You'll probably lose fans, and you both will get a ton of hate and the media will be swarming you forever and you could be jeopardizing the future for the rest of the boys and your careers." 

"We understand all of the consequences and we already talked it over with the boys. We all agreed that if we can't be One Direction anymore because of this, nobody will be mad or place blame on one another. We all support each other and Harry and Garrett's bold descison and we will be there by them until the very end. We are brothers, no matter the cost." Liam said to Simon and his speech seriously touched my heart. I grabbed his hand and squeezed it tight. 

"Yeah Garrett and I agree with Liam. We all know the consequences but we are okay with that. And hopefully we have better fans than the ones who will leave us just because I am gay," Harry said. 

"Alright, well if you are sure about this I will discuss it with the rest of Managment and get back to you by 9 o'clock, your time tops." 

"We are sure." Garrett and Harry said in unison. 

"okay boys, and Madison. I will talk to you later." Simon said and then the line cut off. We all breathed a sigh of relief and the tension decreased a bit.  

"I'll be right back," Garrett whispered, standing up. 

"Where are you going?" Harry said almost distressed. 

"I'm going to go pray." And with that he was gone. 

****8:35 exactly****

Liam and I were sitting on the couch in my enormous room, watching Lilo and Stitch when his phone started buzzing and we say that it was Simon calling. He quickly answered after telling me to go get Harry and Garrett. I ran out of the room and walked into Garrett's room. They too were sitting on the couch watching How I Met Your Mother. 

"Guys, Simon's on the phone." They hesitantly go up without a word and we all walked back into my room. Liam was talking quietly on the phone and but when he heard us come in he said, "They're here." and then put the it on speaker phone as we sat in a circle much like before. 

"Okay we are all here now." Liam said. 

"Okay, well hello everyone. I have discussed the earlier matters with the everyone and we all have come to a decision. Now I will say this, it wasn't unanimous but it is a decision and I fought hard for you guys. You are allowed to come out to the world, only if you do it through a set-up interview and we would like it if you guys did it this week so we can get it over with as quickly as possible. And that's all the conditions right now, who knows what will change along the way but we'll cross that road when we get to it." Simon said and I felt my heart overwhelm with happiness for my brother and his boyfriend as they embraced each other in an excited hug. 

"Yes! Yes! That is perfectly fine with us! Anything, we just want to be together!" Garrett said he was just so happy I wanted to cry. 

"Alright, well thank you boys and I'll be seeing you soon. Enjoy your time in LA." 

"We will! Thank you so much Simon!" Harry laughed as we hung up and we all screamed in excitement and in that moment, nothing could be more perfect. 

~~

Hello my little eggs, how have you been???? soo 359ish reads? Holy crap thats so crazy! Thank you sooooooo much! but sad news, only like 2-3 more chapters left. I'm starting to get a bit bored with this story and i'm really itching to start another that may or may not be a fan-fic. I haven't decided yet because I have one fan-fic I wanna right and one love story i wanna write but I don't wanna write two at a time so idk! What do you guys want? I prob wont get any comments but if you could comment that would be so great! Okay so the picture in the side bar is a pic from them at the VMA's winning an award and they were all excited. Now take Harry and Liam from that pic and insert there reaction to the scene above and there ya go. hehe so cute <3 okay bye little eggs <3333333