Chapter 2

~Madison's POV~

"Liam, this is Madison, she is my girlfriend." Harry said almost protectively into the silence that had fallen upon the room after Liam and I had first seen each other.

"What? Oh..." He looked to the ground. "I'm Liam, 's nice to meet you," his voice laying heavily across the room. I nodded and swallowed hard. What the hell just happened? I thought to myself.

Harry brought his hands together making a slapping sound, "So I was thinking we could all head out to dinner somewhere nice. Ya know, to celebrate?" All the boys nodded their heads in agreement and Niall yelled,

"Thank God! I'm starved!" In his adorable Irish accent.

"Niall, you just ate a whole bag of chips!" Zayn laughed.

"I know. That was just the appiteizer," he winked at me. I let out a giggle, I guess the rumours about him loving food were true. As we walked out the door we almost ran into Paul who was making his way up the hallway.

"Where are we going boys?" He said.

"Paul, this is my girlfriend Madison. We are going out to dinner to celebrate!" Paul seemed to notice me for the first time and he looked me up and down, as if he were sizing me up and making sure I wasn't a threat to the boys. Then, once he seemed satisfied with what he saw, he stuck out his hand to me.

"Nice to meet you Madison," I agreed and shook his hand firmly. 

On our way to the restaurant the boys and I chatted casually, but I kept stealing glances at Liam and I noticed he was very quiet and he wasn't looking at me. He just kept staring out the tinted window.

Harry reached over and slapped Liam on the back saying, "Liam mate, what's the matter? Ya look like you've lost your best friend which of course you didn't because well, I'm right here!" He said in his slow voice, adding a smile.

Liam looked over at him, then glanced at me quickly. Too quickly for anyone who wasn't looking for it to catch. "Nothing, lad. Just one of those days," He whispered before looking out the window again.

"Still upset about the game are you? It's okay, they will play again and Great Britain will crush USA!" Louis jumped in. Liam smiled slightly but didn't turn his gaze from the window. The rest of the boys exchanged glances that clearly stated that his behavior isn't normal.

At dinner, Liam was still unusually quiet and the boys and I were starting to get worried. I didn't even know him but his mood seemed to spiral downhill right when we first met. That only left me with the feeling that I was somehow at fault for this.

Sometime in the middle of the evening Louis pulled Liam aside and talked to him and when they returned Liam at least seemed to act like he was in a better mood, but somehow, I knew that he wasn't. We kept exchanging glanced and everything that he did fascinated me. The way he moved, the way he ate, the way he brushed his fingers through his hair every so often. I couldn't help but watch him from the corner of my eye as I ate my food.

Suddenly a small voice interjected our dinner and we all looked to the end of the table to see a small girl, probably about 10 or 11, standing there. She was holding the One Direction Up All Night album in her hand and she said, "Excuse me, sorry for int erupting but you mind signing this for me?" Niall was the first to respond,

"Sure honey, no problem!" Then he took the album and pulled out a sharpie he carried in his breast pocket for occasions like these. As the album was passed around I learned that the girls name was Allie and she was visiting London with her grandma. The boys liked to learn things about their fans. Then she turned to me and said, "Are you and Harry dating?" I saw Liam's head shoot up along with Harry's. Harry grabbed my hand almost possessively and said,

"Yes, sweetheart, we are."

"You guys are really cute together. Can I have your autograph too?" She asked me and I was mildly taken aback.

"Sure," I said and then Zayn handed me the CD and I signed it. My first autograph, I tabbed that in my head to my mental calender. I do silly things like that.

"Liam, are you really afraid of spoons?" I asked a little while later when I noticed that he had pushed his spoon away from him with his fork.

"Yep," he said, popping the "p". He sounded almost as if he was mad at me for some reason. He didn't even look at me.

"Oh..." I said quietly and looked down at my plate, pushing my leftovers around with my fork. I felt Harry put his hand on my knee reassuringly.

Later that evening, back in the hotel we were all playing Monopoly (Louis idea) and Liam landed on one of my hotels but he didn't have enough money to pay so after selling and mortgaging all of his property he was out. "I'm sorry Liam, you know you can just pay me back later so you can stay in the game."

"Whatever," he said, getting up abruptly, going to his room and slamming the door behind him. We all looked at each other, confused. This time I knew that for some unknown reason, Liam was mad at me.

"Uh, I think it's time for me to go home," I said, even though I had been planning on staying over.

"I'll stay with you tonight," Harry said and then after saying goodnight to everyone, we left and headed back to my apartment.