Ch. 27: Day 175

(As per you guys' instruction, this is the {belated...I'M SORRY!} fluffy chapter. The last calm before the storm. Enjoy.)

POV: Sans

"What would you do if I said I wanted to make tasty baked goods made with sugar with you?"

I looked up from my book on souls to come nose-to-nose-hole with Y/N. I blushed lightly from closeness as I examined her face.

Her E/C eyes glimmered in the light, her lips curved into a wide, excited grin. She was sparkling with excitement. Just seeing her like that made my nonexistent heart beat faster.

"I would probably say that I can't get up from the couch," I replied lazily, slipping down in my seat and sticking my skull back in my book.

I glanced up again and my eyelights were met with a pouting Y/N's face.

"Why not?" she whined, crossing her arms. "You're not any fun!"

I rolled my eyelights, deciding to give in. "All right, fine. If you insist."

Truth was, even when she was sulking, she was still adorable as all get-out. That blush from before hadn't quite gone away; it had in fact increased by about fifty percent.

Y/N brightened, clapping her hands giddily. "Yaysies! C'mon, c'mon, come on!"

She was tugging on my arm, dragging me into the kitchen. I groaned, slumping over and becoming dead weight.

She tried to pull me more, but couldn't manage to budge me. Turning around, she glared down at me, tapping her foot.

I gave her a grin of no-regret.

"SAAAAAAANS!" Y/N yelled, stomping her foot. "Make cookies with me!"

My smile dimmed slightly. She could be so much like Papyrus...

She seemed to realize at the same time. Growing silent, she took my hand and hauled me to my feet.

"I'm sorry," she said quietly, her gaze on the floor and weight shifting from foot to foot. Her hands were twisting behind her back.

My stare softened, and I pulled her into a hug. "Don't be sorry. It's cute, really."

Y/N managed a small smile. "Thanks."

She wiggled out of my arms, skipping the rest of the way to the kitchen.

It took me a second to gather myself. I shuffled in...and blinked my sockets blankly.

In that second that I took to get to the kitchen, Y/N had become a baking tornado—one to rival the one I used to have in my room.

There was flour everywhere, and I mean everywhere. The sugar was like snow being whipped around, and I was extremely grateful that no wet ingredients were caught up in the storm.

Suddenly, the twister came to a halt. Y/N was standing there, grinning at me. She had flour in her hair, on her...apron (When did she get that?), and there was a spot on her cheek. She was holding a spinning electric mixer in one hand and a bowl of batter, I assumed, cradled in her other arm.

I blinked again, then a smile crept in across my face.

"Welp," I began casually, strolling across the kitchen to stand across from her, "I didn't expect to see you here"—I leaned in closer to her, grinning my Sans grin—"flour-dering around."

Y/N stared at me with a poker face.

I sweatdropped. "Uh—"

She finally snorted, long and loud. She tried to hold in her laughter, but it only took a tiny tickle on her stomach before it burst out like a tidal wave. Even I began chuckling.

As her laughter died down, she turned away and pretended to pout again.

I grinned, sneaking up behind her and throwing my arms around her. "Gotcha."

She ducked, leading me to stumble and fall flat on my face.

Y/N chuckled evilly, crouching down to my height. "Nope."

I groaned, my smile betraying me. "All right, all right, I'll help ya. Get me up."

She put aside her mixer and bowl and pulled me to my feet, hurriedly tugging me over to the counter to explain everything we needed to do in the space of thirty seconds and one long breath.

I just listened with a patient smile.

It turned out making...cookies?...was much harder than I expected. Y/N was somewhat messy, and when I tried to get things straightened up even slightly, she was like a little kid, immediately skipping off to the next thing to create chaos in.

But she was so cute doing it! That's the problem with kids...and her, of course.

But eventually, the cookies were in the oven. We were covered in flour and cookie dough (we may have had a cookie dough fight), and we were beaming.

Everything became quiet. The only sound was the underlying whir of the oven and our own breathing (despite my lack of lungs).

Y/N reached into her pocket and pulled out her iPod, efficiently hooking it up to the speaker system she had lugged into the kitchen from somewhere.

She put her library on shuffle.

"Heart...beats...fast...colors and promises...how to be brave, how can I love...when I'm afraid...to...fall..."

Ah. A Thousand Years by Christina Perri. Y/N said she loved this song. (What a coincidence, Y/N, because I do too! Or maybe you don't. You can change it, if so.)

As I listened to the music, I felt the air change between us. I wanted to do something.

Coming up behind her, I placed my boney hands on her shoulders, then slowly slid them down to her waist. I could feel the heat radiate from her face as she turned it halfway in my direction.

"S-Sans?"

I leaned closer to her ear and whispered in it, "Just one moment. Please."

I could tell she was nervous—the blush didn't seem to be going away.

But she consented. (NOT IN THAT WAY!!) "O-okay."

Slowly, I swayed back and forth to the music, moving her with me. She seemed to relax into my chest, closing her eyes and smiling gently.

We hummed the rest of the song together.

It was a peaceful and calm moment. A special moment. One to remember, for sure.

Our souls thrummed together, happy beyond belief that we were here, together, for the rest of our lives.

We were happy, too.

(But...that's not going to last...is it?)

No...I guess not.

(The climax is coming, guys. Next chapter.)

I...hope everything turns out okay.

(I...it will, Sans. I promise.

Hi guys. Lunar here.

Yep. Climax. That's a thing. That's coming. Soon.

I just...I need to thank you all. You guys are so unbelievably kind, understanding, funny, and patient. I could not have asked for a better audience to present my story too. I hope this chapter is of good quality—I feel like it's not my best work. But I still tried my best for you guys.

Thanks for reading, and I love you all beyond possibility.

Lunar, signing off.)