Ch. 12: Day 8, Part 2

POV: Y/N, Void

I opened my eyes. Again.

Is it...?

Black. Again.

Is it just me, or am I getting an odd sense of deja vu?

Frisk appeared, glitches and all.

*You tell Y/N, "Welcome back."

Nope. Definitely deja-vu.

I put my hands on my hips. "Really, Frisk? Right in the middle of a conversation? Couldn't you have done at least a little better?"

*You tell Y/N that it's extremely important, and that she needed to know as soon as possible.

"Well, then? Spit it out!"

*You tell Y/N that...SHE...is back.

Instantly, I froze, any snarky replies I might've given them dying on my lips. She...was back?

"How..." I croaked, "how is that even possible? I thought she...died? I thought Sans killed her."

*You tell Y/N that, somehow, SHE left...remnants...of her soul in the Underground. In the Save Points. And that SHE was here. Somewhere. Hiding. Waiting to...

"Waiting to...what?"

*...waiting to take over your body.

"What?! Take over my...body? What does that mean?"

*SHE will do the same thing SHE did...to you.

"Wait...she did it to you, too?"

*All those Genocide runs were HER fault. You tried to stop HER, but by the time you got control over your own thoughts, SHE had already gained control over your DETERMINATION soul.

"Um, okay. So, how do I...stop that?"

*Y/N can't.

I crossed my arms. "What?"

*Y/N can't stop HER. She can resist HER, though, and push HER out. SHE doesn't like it when HER prey resists the power SHE offers them. Maybe the resistance Y/N puts up will be able to discourage HER from trying to enter. Hopefully, that will stall long enough for Y/N and Sans to escape.

"...What are you implying?"

*Y/N needs to break the barrier.

"I...what? Me? Break the barrier?" I flailed my arms. "Are you out of your mind? How in the world am I supposed to do that?"

*You tell Y/N to use your soul.

"Use your soul? But...I thought that she hijacked your soul."

*Not entirely. SHE has HER own soul, too, as she was once human. SHE...infects souls using HER broken and glitched one, then corrupts the owner so they bend to HER will. SHE takes over the mind...quietly, at first plodding gently and whispering tiny thoughts. Then SHE asks the host about little things, convincing them that the way SHE thinks is the only way. Lastly, after the host believes in HER and opens themselves to HER...SHE attacks their system, shutting down their control and instigating HER own. Before the host can tell anything is really wrong, SHE will have corrupted them entirely. By then, it is too late for the host to change anything—they can only uselessly fight and watch HER destruction in horror.