Ch. 29: The Last Day, At Last (Part 2)

(This...might get emotional. Be warned.)

POV: Y/N, in the Lilac Soul

I fought.

That's all I could do.

Just fight and hope to whatever god(s) out there that I would win.

But I just felt like I was getting dragged away by my foot like a disobedient child.

And no matter how much I kicked or screamed, Chara would not let go.

Even through all my mental effort, I barely even made her flinch. She just strolled along down an unfamiliar road—I could see it, like a fuzzy image in the darkness.

Nothing I tried worked.

I felt so hopeless.

But even with the little strength I had, I kept attempting to stop her.

That's all I could do.

POV: Sans, Judgement Hall

What was taking the brat so long?

I paced the corridor, getting more and more irate with each passing second. My eye glowed, the flames climbing high.

She knew the way perfectly well. Why was she taking her dang time with it?!

And Y/N...

Trapped...

Inside her soul...

With no escape...

The thought just enraged me further than I already was.

She's just stalling, isn't she? Trying to make me mad. She knows how to push my buttons, so she'll smash the keyboard to annoy me.

I wish I'd finished off that little—

*bing!*

My skull whipped around to see Y/N save at the glitchy star, then walk towards me, swinging a knife in her hand.

The way the light filtered through the stained glass windows cast golden-orange light on her face, highlighting her profile and making her E/C eyes glow like fire.

I had to forcefully stop the hearts from appearing in my pinpricks.

"Had fun on your little nature walk?" I spat sarcastically, already summoning bones.

Y/N grinned. "Yep! It really helped me come to terms with my violence."

I eyed her suspiciously. "In what way?"

A slash in my direction. I dodged with ease. "I really like it!"

(Does anyone else think that banter like this is adorable? No...? Just me then...? Okay...)

"Well, ya ain't gonna be like that fo' long, sweetheart," I snapped, my old accent stabbing through my words.

She grinned at me. "Now that's the Sansy I remember!"

"Shut up, you little (*blank*)!" I barked.

Y/N giggled, tracing the edge of her knife with a finger. "Language, Sansy! You shouldn't speak such vulgar words in front of a child!"

(I know, Steve Rogers, yada yada. Please don't.)

"I hate to break it to ya, but ya ain't a child," I growled. "Ya stopped bein' one a long time ago."