Ch. 15: Day 58

POV: Y/N

Some things never change.

Even though life has hit me with everything it's got, there's still some things that will always lift my spirits.

Music, for example.

I'm horrible at singing, and even worse at dancing.

But I still enjoy it.

It helps take away the pain.

I was wearing my hoodie—the F/C one I fell down in—and randomly put my hands in my pockets. To my surprise, there were a few things in there, which I pulled out.

In the right pocket was a lollipop of my favorite flavor. I immediately tore off the wrapping and stuck it in my mouth. In the left pocket was my iPod and earbuds. Amazingly, the thing wasn't dead. I scrolled through the list, smiling to myself. All my favorite songs, just waiting to be played.

I popped in my buds and put all my songs on shuffle. The first one turned out to be Stitches, which everybody knows is by Shawn Mendes. (Personally, one of my favorites. You can switch the song, if you like.) Smiling, I put the Pod back in my pocket.

It started with just humming the lyrics which I had long since memorized.

Then I took out my lollipop and held it in my left hand as I began singing softly, or what I thought was softly. Maybe a little hip-swaying.

Before I could even tell, I had blown into full-on singing and dancing.

I didn't even think about any consequences.

It was just me and the beat.

POV: Sans

When I walked into the living room, there were a few things I would've expected to see.

What I did end up seeing was nowhere on the list.

In fact, it was on the list of things I wouldn't think of in a million years.

Y/N...was singing. And dancing.

And it was awful.

Her singing was so out of pitch (although I was able to identify the song—Stitches—but only because it showed up on the radio a lot), it was completely butchering the song. Her lyrics were on point, though.

Don't even get me started on her dancing. It was so uncoordinated, an animal could probably do better than her. Nothing matched up or made a cohesive move. It was just chaos with her arms, legs, torso, and head.

But you know what? I loved every second of it. I was grinning like an idiot.

It was so ridiculously horrific it was adorable.

You could tell she wasn't trying to be perfect.

And that's another thing I loved about her.

POV: Y/N

I was singing one of the lyrics near the end when I did a spin move. I twisted around, and standing right there, grinning, was none other than Sans.

I squealed like a pig and froze, staring at him, mouth open mid-word. The song still blasted in my ears, before coming to a close and starting a new song.

I gulped, slowly pulling out my iPod and stopping the music, not losing eye contact with him. There was still a look of horror and scandal drawn across my face.

I put it back in my pocket, also pulling out my buds and putting them in, too.

I gulped anxiously. "D-did y-you see everything?"

His grin widened. "Everything near the end."

"How w-was it?"

"The worst I've ever seen or heard."

I covered my face with my palms to hide the embarrassment and shame on it. "And what did you think of it?"

I heard him sigh. "I'll be honest with you."

I heard shuffling.

My hands were pried from my face and held in boney ones. I looked at his face. A smaller, more friendly smile was spread on it. "I loved it. Every second of it."

My face was red from blushing so hard instead of shame. "What?" I squeaked. "You...did?"

His smile grew more caring every second. "It was one of the most cute and adorable things I've seen in my lifetime."

Pomegranate. That's the color I was. And it wasn't until that second that I realized that we were really, really close.

He seemed to realize, too. His face also reddened. But he didn't hide his face in his scarf—that was new. Instead, he clutched my hands tighter in his.

He both avoided each other's gaze.

I'm nervous.

Very...very nervous.

Is it obvious?

Does it show too much?

Do I want it to show that much?

I don't even know anymore.

My soul pounds so hard. I'm so scared that if I even look him in the socket, it will reveal itself, or maybe I'll be an idiot and it'll all just spill out of my mouth.

I care about him.

More than myself.

I've only cared about one other person this much.

Gianna.

I don't think it's just a crush anymore.

But I'm still scared.

I don't know how he feels.

If he...loves me the way I do him.

Yes.

I'm in love with him.

But I can't tell him.

Soon. Yes, soon, I will tell him. Not now. Not today.

But soon.

POV: Sans

If you keep a secret long enough...

Even from yourself...

Will you begin to think it's not true?

I don't know. I'm not sure this is a secret I want to hide anymore.

I don't know how or why it's a secret, anyway. I thought she'd have guessed by now. Or maybe she has and she's playing me like a fool. I wouldn't know. I get so red and hide my face so often I don't see her face that much anymore.

I don't know why I'm beating around the bush. I like Y/N. A lot. Maybe I even love her. But I'm too much of a coward to admit it to her.

I'm going to tell her though. Soon. Maybe not today. But soon.

Soon.

(Hi, guys! Lunar here.

You wanna know something weird?

I made the last part of this chapter first. Then I filled in the top part.

Also, my birthday is still coming up soon. I'll post an announcement about it when it comes up.

This A/N is all over the place, isn't it?

I'm getting crazier by the day.

But still! I need to post chapters for my lovely Lunarlings.

Ooh, I like that. Lovely Lunarlings.

You guys know the drill: I'll get a chapter up as soon as I can! Which is probably going to mean a while.

I'll see you all soon, my lovely Lunarlings!

Lunar, signing off.)