Prologue: It's Not Over

I stood in front of her, glaring down at her. However, a smile remained stuck on my face, and this time, it was because of my revenge. My brother's revenge. All of their revenge. They would all be avenged, after so long of HER remaining unchallenged.

Her red ruby-like eyes glittered with her HATE and their combined DETERMINATION. Determination to destroy me, once and for all. This was my last chance to eliminate her reign of terror and genocide. I had one shot to do this.

I had to change it up this time. No more patterns. She won't be expecting change, after so long of it all staying the same. She thinks she has a chance? Ha. She's a fool. I'll win. I can feel it in my soul.

He stood in front of me, glaring harshly with a smile on his face that almost reminded me of me. Aw. How touching.

But he'll never have the revenge for his little family. I'm far more powerful, with my HATE and my—as well as pesky little Frisk's—DETERMINATION. I'll get him. He always does the same thing. It's his weakness. Which is why I always win. Which is why he'll always lose. Which is also why I'm ending the resets after the Last Genocide.

It'll never change, which gets boring after 8,284 resets. Yes, I counted. One last go won't be so bad. Just for old time's sake. Then, I'll quit this game for good, and stop the cycle. This stupid little universe will be destroyed without the cycle from our DETERMINATION to keep it alive, and I'll just move along, completely unscathed, to a new one. No one will stop me.

He thinks he has a chance? Ha! He's a fool. I'll win. I can feel it in my soul.

"You know," I said, hands in my pockets, looking out the stained glass window in Judgement Hall, "there was a time—long ago, back when it was just the first few resets—that I thought everything was going to turn out okay. That I'd beat you once and for all and it all would end up all right. Yeah, I was an idiot back then. I kept losing, in the same old w—"

"Ya done now?" she asked in a bored tone, twirling the knife around in her fingers. "Cause I really wanna kill you now. So could ya do me a favor and SHUT UP ALREADY!" I grimaced at her voice. I had not missed it while I was trying to leave the death screen.

"Okay then," I growled. "If you're so eager for a fight, let's fight." The fight screen showed up, showing her red and black soul and my blue monster soul. I got the initiative for starting the fight, so I went first. I came at her with a strong new move, and I could see the surprise in her face as she got hit.

-17
75/92

But of course, I can't kill in one hit. No one can, except for, oh wait, her. Ugh.

She started laughing, but I could sense the fear in her voice. I was changing the rules of this repetitive game.

"Your attempts are weak. You'll never kill me. I'll live, kill you, and then I'll destroy this place. For good. No one will miss it, except maybe that annoying copy of you I've heard about from another me. But then again, I don't care."

It was me that chuckled this time. "You're scared. You know that the more I change it up, the more you'll see your downfall." "Lies," she quickly hissed, but I could see in her face that I spoke the truth. It was only a matter of time until her death, I knew it.

She quickly attacked me, and I dodged easily. My go. I pulled out another new move, and she was barely able to slide out of the way. I smirked. She didn't stand a chance.

The battle continued for a while. But always, I was the one getting a hit on her, and I always dodged her blows. Even though she used every healing item she had, I still managed to whittle her down to 1 HP. But it was here we reached the difficult part.