The End...?

Chapter Made: June 26, 2019

POV: Lunar, Author

I was laying down in my bed, covers pulled up around me as my Dot blasted music from its speakers. My fingers were poised over the keyboard on my phone. All I had to do was type two more words in, and that would be it. No more story. I'd be all done with Maybe One Day.

But...

I kept hesitating.

Hoping to somehow relieve this unexplainable anxiety, I exited the unofficial Chapter 31 and slowly scrolled through all the others, clicking onto some and reading a bit before moving on to another. A wistful smile grew on my face at the memories.

My first commenters.

My first milestones.

My first feelings of real confidence in my own work.

Everything.

All that everyone had ever done for me in the course of writing this book.

It was too amazing.

I clicked on Chapter 31 again. My smile faded as I contemplated what to do next.

I had to end it.

...Right?

Well...

I stared at the words I had written. Was there some other way I could do this? Some other way I could end this story I loved so dearly?

Did I have to end it?

Maybe not.

Maybe the story didn't need to end.

Why did it have to, anyway?

An excited smile spread across my features.

The story, with or without an end, would live on in my heart and those that loved the book the way I did.

That's all that really mattered.

Maybe there would be an end, when I was ready.

Maybe one day.

But their story didn't have to be over right now.

Sure, their tale was at a close.

But that doesn't mean that we have to say goodbye.

I quickly read through the chapter to make sure everything was okay.

Then, with a deep breath, I pressed Publish.

/:\

I do have one last thing, though, to all you readers out there:

Thank you.

Thank you so much.

I could never thank any one of you individually enough, let alone you all as a whole.

And...not only that, but we're on the verge of 10k reads.

Ten. Thousand.

I...I just...

Wh...why? How?

I never...I never even...

*happy Lunar noises*

I just can't.

I love every single one of you, and I appreciate every last comment, no matter if it's a simple smiley face or a long paragraph about your opinions on my story.

It just always puts a smile on my face to see one.

I hope this story does, indeed, stay with you, just like I hope it stays with me.

Nothing will ever matter more (on Wattpad) than you guys.

So I raise my glass—not in celebration of myself, but in celebration of you: all of you that decided that maybe my book was worth a chance.

Thank you for giving that to me.

I will never, ever forget that.

Finally, I'll leave you with this: stay DETERMINED, but also stay DETERMINED to FORGIVE. No matter how a person may seem, they may be more broken than they appear to be.

To paraphrase a favorite YouTuber of mine:

Thank you so much for reading, and I'll see you all...in the next book.

Ciao, my Lunarlings.