Ch. 14: Day 32

POV: Y/N

Sans has been avoiding me a lot lately. I don't know what's with him. Every time he sees me, he gets red in the face and avoids my gaze or just teleports away. I'm getting very conflicting opinions about it. On one hand, he might not like me anymore—in a friend way, I mean—and he's trying to avoid contact with me. On the other hand...he might not...like me as a friend anymore. He might like me as...more.

In other news, it's been a few days since I realized that my 'teeny-tiny' crush on him was growing like a tree. It wasn't a sapling anymore. It was a young tree now. I was sure now that I liked him. Of course, I would never admit it to Frisk. They would probably take the idea and run with it, making fun of me every time we convened in the...'place.'

Speaking of Frisk, I haven't seen them in a while. I'm not worried—I'm pretty sure they couldn't go anywhere. Probably. But still, they likely won't invite me without a reason. Likely.

I was just kicked back on the couch, staring at the ceiling and thinking. I didn't hear Sans walk into the room. I didn't hear the soft sound of the cushions being displaced by his boney body. In fact, I didn't realize he was there until he finally spoke.

"What are you doing?"

I shrieked like a banshee, leaping up with the agility of a cat.

Then it all went black. For the third time.

I'm starting to notice a trend here.

They always seem to teleport me at the most inconvenient time possible.

POV: Sans

I must have scared her ('What a great observation, Sans!' you all are saying.), because she leaped into the air screaming like she was about to die.

Trust me. I know the sound.

Then she rolled her eyes and fainted.

This is starting to get repetitive.

But then there was the gnawing in my chest. The aching. The fear eating away at me.

The fear of being alone.

It's always been there.

For the year I was alone, I swear I had gone insane.

Then she came.

She helped me feel something other than pain and sadness and loneliness.

Happiness.

It wasn't fleeting, either. She was still here, still making me smile, still making me laugh, still making me blush. She was still here.

I'm grateful beyond words could ever express.

I wish I had a way to tell her.

The constricting in my chest reached my nonexistent throat.

I was choking on my fear.

I had to stay calm.

She had prepared me in case she fainted again.

Step 1: Breathe. Take deep breaths to clear my head.

I took some now, trying to slow my thoughts.

Step 2: Do NOT panic. Panicking will not help her regain consciousness, but will make you more miserable and encourage a panic attack.

I tried to steady my nerves.

Step 3: It's likely just her seeing Frisk, but there is always the case it is not, so be prepared if anything happens to her while she sleeps.