Ch. 13: Day 13

POV: Y/N

Neither of us really spoke to each other much in those few days after. I had explained to him the entirety of my conversations with Frisk (except for their teasing about my developing teensy tiny little crush on him, which I would quite rather die before admitting)—about the memories they showed me, and about the critical information they shared with me: that Chara was back.

When I told him that, he looked grimmer than I had ever seen him, even in Frisk's memory.

"Are you sure that who you saw was Frisk, Y/N?" he asked me.

I don't know why I hesitated. I knew it was Frisk. It could only be Frisk. But for some reason, in that moment, I wasn't sure.

There was a beat.

Then my head snapped together. Of course it was Frisk. It couldn't be anyone else.

"...Yes, Sans. I'm sure."

"Okay, Y/N. As long as you're sure. I believe you."

I kept thinking, days later, until today.

Should he have?

I looked up from my thoughts. I needed something to do, to get my mind off of all the awful things I was imagining and thinking.

I pushed the book I was barely paying attention to off my lap, then stood up. A lightbulb had popped in my brain, and the train wouldn't be stopping at any stations.

I dashed over to the door, snatched my thick F/C coat and S/F/C scarf from their pegs, pulled the coat on, and wrapped the scarf around my neck. I took my gloves from my pocket and pulled them on.

I ran up the stairs, then knocked rapidly on Sans' door. I had this huge smile on face, and I was giggling like a little girl.

The door opened, and Sans looked at me with tired eyes. "Yes, Y/N? Is everything okay? Why are you dressed in that getup?"

I laughed heartily. "Of course, Sansy! I just wanted to ask if you could play with me!"

His...um...'eyebrows' furrowed. "Play with you?"

I grinned at him. "Yeah, in the snow!"

His sockets expanded slightly. "Oh. Um...I haven't done that in a long time. Not since...well, you know."

My smile faded slightly. "Yeah, me too."

Before he could ask any questions, however, I put my smile up again. "But it'll be fun to do again, I just know it. Wanna play with me?"

"That sounds wrong, but okay."

I laughed again, then tugged in his sleeve and pulled him out of his room. "You know I didn't mean that. C'mon, Sans! Let's go!"

Sans chuckled as I dragged him downstairs. "You're certainly excited, aren't you?"

"Take a guess," I giggled, throwing open the front door and pulling him out with me. I stood in front of him and clapped my hands. "Now, I need help making a snow fort. Care to help?"

He grinned slightly. "Nah, kiddo. I'll just sit here and be lazy."

I pouted. "But I want you to help!"

He paused, as if thinking, for a few seconds. "Mmm...nah."

"Come on!" I whined. "Pleeeease?"

He laughed, entirely genuinely. He hadn't really done that before, at least not very often. I was kind of stunned.