Ch. 5: Leading Up To...

(This chapter will entirely occur in your POV. Just wanted you to know. Oh, and sorry if it's short. I already have another chapter prepared for the...thingy that I won't spoil at the moment. And I can hear your dramatic gasps of surprise. "Whaaaat? You're actually prepared this time? It's a miracle!" Yeah, I know I suck at this. But next chapter will make up for it. I promise. Have a lovely day, Lunarlings.)

The grief for a certain skeleton's lost brother still haunting my soul, I wandered away from the field of echo flowers, trying to pretend that everything was okay, when nothing was.

The grave brought memories to the surface of my mind, but surprisingly, none of them were bad. They were actually...happy. Or at least, comfort and love were associated with them.

"Y/N?" Peter whimpered. I shifted in bed to face him. "Yeah?" I mumbled, still sleepy. "I had a bad dream..."

"Yeah?" I asked again, propping my head up with a hand. "What was it about?"

Peter looked down. "W-well, there was this...monster, and he had this long red thingy. He said that I hurt him, and I hurt his family. Then he threw me into a wall, and I thought I died until I woke up. I don't understand why he thought I hurt him..." He started crying. "It was s-so s-scary...I thought I really did die, because it hurt s-so much..."

I sat up, picked Peter up into my arms, and rocked him like I did when he was little. "Shh," I whispered. "It was just a dream, a bad dream. He won't hurt you. Besides, you would never hurt him or his family, right?"

He sniffled, but nodded. I smiled. "See? You have nothing to worry about. And I bet he would be nice to you if you were nice to him."

His fear melted away into a DETERMINED look. "Yeah. And if I ever see him, I'm gonna say sorry."

"For what?" I asked, surprised.

"For his family. Someone hurt them, and nobody deserves that."

"Daddy? Can I go on the big circle thingy?"

"You mean the Ferris wheel? Of course, honey. Can Mommy go with you?"

"Yeah! Mommy will luv this!"
...
"Okay, sweetie, I'll go with you."
...
"Isn't this fun, my darling?"

"Yeah!"

"...You know, I have something to tell you."

"What, Mommy?"

"Is there anything different about me?"

"Um...is your tummy bigger?"

"Yes, sweetie."

"Wait...does that mean..."

"Yes, darling. There's a baby in my tummy. You're gonna be a big sister."

"Really? Can I come up with a name?"

"Sure."

"Okay, so if it's a boy, he's gonna be named...Jack."

"Okay...and if it's a girl?"

"Gianna."

"Gianna? Where'd that come from?"

"I dunno. I've just always liked that name."

"Well...actually...that was what I was planning on naming them if they were a girl."

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Well, I hope it's a girl."

"Me too, sweetie. Me too."

Gianna sat beside me in our huge oak tree in our backyard. We often climbed to the highest branch that would hold our weight, and just watched the sunrise, the stars, or whatever else was happening in outdoors. Right now, it was the sunset.

There were deep hues of blues and purples contrasting with vibrant reds and oranges, which were paired with luscious yellows and pinks. The array of colors painted the sky like no artist has or ever could recreate. It was simply as nature existed, the most beautiful designs of all.

I put my arm around Gianna. I did it simply out of our shared admiration of the natural way things were meant to be. She put hers around me, out of agreement. We didn't say a word, but our love for each other spoke volumes in the smiles on our faces and the comfortable silence we watched in.

As the sun was soon to dip below the horizon, and the colors grew more rich and saturated, Gianna spoke, quietly but powerfully. "We'll be together forever...won't we, Y/N?"

"Of course we will, Gianna. Of course we w—"

Without warning, I slammed into something. Surprised, my eyes flew open as I stumbled back a few steps, falling down to the now snow-covered ground—I had traveled, entirely in thought, to Snowdin. My mouth hung open, seeing what was in front of me.

Turning around, with wide eye sockets, was Sans.

We stared at each other, at a standstill that we couldn't escape. I slowly rose to a standing position, keeping my eyes trained on him. His followed my slow movement. We did not break eye contact for the longest time.

Out of nowhere, his sockets narrowed, and Sans growled at me. "No escape now," he hissed. I furrowed my brows. This was new. Why was he being cold and threatening all of a sudden?

Then he started something I had never seen before, and only read about in books: a Battle. With me. This wasn't going to end well, was it?