Chapter 2: The Meeting

A lot of people would say 'sexy' is about the body. But to me, 'sexy' is a woman with confidence. I admire women who have very little fear.

-Allegra Versace

°°°°

THE DUNCAN HOUSEHOLD WAS EVERYTHING EDITH EVER DREAMED OF. Her parents were strict but kind and their natural daughter, Emily, was the best little sister she could've asked for. Edith could barely remember what was about her life previously to being adopted by the Duncans, they met when she was extremely young.

Joanna and Daniel Duncan were a weird couple, but Edith could tell they were really in love with each other. The teen envied them as much as she admired them. They were really good parents, though. A nurse and a lawyer with two children and a huge house with two floors. Edith was living the American dream.

Which was a little hard sometimes, but the teen would never complain.

"Eddie," Emily was a tall, brown-eyed, brunette. The teen really loved her "do you want to play UNO with me?"

Before Edith made the mad desition of trying out for the cheer squad, her and Emily spent a lot of evenings together. But now she was popular and everyone wanted to hang out with the blonde so Edith was busy all the time.

"Can't. I have to get ready, Chance is picking me up in ten." Edith saw how the younger's expression deflated visibly, stopping the shuffling of her cards immediately.

"Oh, okay."

Edith sighed and let the brush down, disappointed with herself, she decided she was done with her makeup.

"Em, wait." the younger turned around slowly "I don't have time to play but I can show you a magic trick."

Emily was the only person Edith was brave enough to tell about her mutation. Even if the brunette didn't understand sometimes, Edith was happy about someone other than her teacher knowing.

"Darn tootin!"

Edith smiled gently, watching as the twelve-year-old sat down on her bed, crossing her legs and waiting patiently. She put the cards away, letting her eyes wander over the older's music posters, plastered all over her walls. When she found Edith's cheerleader uniform, she frowned.

"Eddie, I think your boyfriend doesn't like me very much."

The blonde agreed silently, pulling her tight and uncomfortable dress down slightly. It barely reached her knees, Edith didn't dare sitting down.

"He's an idiot."

Not knowing what else to say, Edith rubbed her hands together. Her mind grazed gently at the space around Emily, not wanting to hurt her. With strength she had build up from training (don't tell the coach, but Edith may or may have not used her abilities to her advantage during a hard jump or a dangerous flip) Emily found herself floating through the air. The sensation of Edith's powers was like swimming in a pool where the water was air. Emily's hair was sprawled up, long locks  nearly touching the ceiling.

Edith sighed and let the younger down once she heard the doorbell, knowing it was time to go. Emily laughed checkily, hugging the blonde tightly.

"Have fun!"

°°°°°°

Playing with her powers left Edith exhausted and starving. And in pain, that was hard to ignore. Her bones ached and so did her mind. Which felt weird, the blonde never had any trouble handling her powers before being sold to the Boss. A terrible headache made her feel even worse and Edith found herself craving some food. Whatever she could get her hands on. The teen tried to call out to Jean with her mind, but no answer came. No tug in the back of her head, only silence.