Chapter 20: The Home

EMMA GAVE A TIGHT SMILE AS SHE LOOKED AT THE PANICKED TEEN. Edith had all the right in the world to feel scared. After all, she had just crushed the house where she grew up since she was five. And Emily was nowhere to be found. As police sirens grew near, Edith started dropping tear after tear, looking around, not being able to believe what was happening. Cars drove by and people gathered fearfully.

Time froze and Emma stepped towards the other blonde.

"I see you lashed out." she stated as a matter of fact, looking at a frozen passerby "Pity, it was interesting while it lasted."

"Who are you?"

"You don't remember me, but we've met before. My name is Emma Frost and I'm like you." the tall woman answered and Edith felt like it was a practised speech "I control my powers, though. My strength.

"Would you like me to help you out?" Emma reached her hand in Edith's direction.

After giving the fellow blonde a confused glance, Edith took a hold of Emma's hand.

"What did I do? How can I control it?" she questioned, shocked and afraid.

"You made a person disappear out of thin air just by thinking about it. I have a friend who could use a power like yours." Emma smiled "May I?"

Edith nodded and felt as the older woman dived into her mind headfirst. It was a weird and slightly painful sensation but she had no time to react as memories were pushed in front of her. Memories of events that never happened. Memories of people she never met. Emma was showing her a lie, and Edith believed it wholeheartedly. Some parts she never fully processed but the important bits Edith was able to see really clearly.

"You're disgusting." fake Joanna cried and Edith cried too and it was a mess.

"We don't want you here anymore." it was fake Daniel who spoke next.

Edith begged but her words never seemed to reach their ears, "Mum, dad! I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to."

"You have to leave. Emma will take care of you."

"But-"

"You're still here?"

Edith snapped out of her daze, looking a little broken and a little traumatised. Her face was nothing compared to the cocktail inside of her. Guilt. Shame. Sadness. Looking at Emma gave her a little hope but it wasn't the same. Nothing would ever be the same.

"I'll take it from here." Bram Hannibal's voice was like nothing Edith had ever heard. Big and demanding, like the man who owned it "You can leave, Emma."

The woman frowned "That was not part of the deal."

"It is now." Sybil interrupted, appearing out of nowhere. A threatening look was enough for Emma to sigh.

The blonde woman made eye contact with Edith briefly. The teen felt so numb she didn't even question her apologetic orbs staring at her for what felt like hours before leaving.

"Now, you're Edith Duncan, I believe."

She nodded.

A hum left Bram Hannibal's lips, "How do you like the name Hide?"

°°°°°°