Epilogue: The End

EDITH FELT AT PEACE. She guessed she shouldn't have but she did. All the people from her past didn't remember her but it was okay. Edith was able to fix her mistakes and, though Warren's words worried her for a while, everything was normal. The blonde spent a wonderful summer among her friends, having fun and watching movies and joking around. Peter took very seriously being Edith's older brother and Kurt seemed to find it more amusing than annoying.

Edith met Wanda a few weeks later, and the three siblings spent a lot of time together. The brunette seemed hesitant to trust Edith at first but the longer they saw each other, the fonder they grew on each other.

The blonde started going by her real surname as soon as she realised everyone thought she was dead. It felt like a bucket of ice cold water but admitting it to herself was necessary. Getting used to being Edith White was hard but her friends loved to tease her and it easily sticked.

As Edith Duncan died, Hide passed away with her. So the blonde was left with finding a new alias.

°°°°°°

"You missed your graduation so I figured I'd share this with you personally. What do you think about college?" Charles had requested to see her and Edith felt her eyes sparkle.

"Here?"

He nodded.

"I'd love to!"

"You're interested in physics? I hope our programme is up to your standards."

Edith anylised the brochure closely, reading through the subjects,th science making her feel excited already as she looked forward being a doctor. Doctor White.

"It does, it certainly does. I'd love to study here."

Charles smiled at her as Edith realised her adventures weren't over yet. She still had so many things to learn, so many things to see.

°°°°°°

"Hey, love, check this out."

Kurt looked at Edith as she jumped up to her feet, stretching and walking with determinate steps towards the wall. With no hesitation, the blonde raised her naked foot, finding her balance easily and jumping quickly so she was standing on the wall. Edith never got used to the feeling of being able to walk vertically but she felt amazing every time.

"Charles said I defy physics, which upsets me as a fan. But yeah, I figured I'd explore this things."

Edith grinned, cocking her head to the side and walking until she stood upside down, looking at Kurt from the ceiling. The German got to his feet and the couple smiled quietly.

"I'm having flashbacks to Spiderman and MJ. You read the comics?" Edith wiggled her eyebrows teasingly, pursing her lips and smiling when Kurt gave her a quick kiss.

"I didn't." Kurt looked at Edith, his eyes full of wonder, hesitantly, he stuck a strand of her hair behind her hair "What's up?"

Edith burst out laughing, giving weird jazz hands and grinning like a smartass.

"I had an idea. Since I'm not using the Hide nickname I gotta find a new one. One I actually choose." Edith thought for a moment before falling slowly, as if she was a feather "It's weird, I don't do imagination, I do facts."

The teen thought for a moment before giving Kurt a fond look, "Help me choose."

Kurt chuckled, nudging Edith.

"I thought you wanted to choose it yourself."

"I did! I asked for your help."

Kurt trailed his eyes over the female dorm, finding the telescope.

"Carina." he said.

Edith felt like that alias fitted her much more than Hide ever did. She had a new life, a new love. She was Edith White. She was Carina.

"Guys." Ororo bursted in she was wearing her costume and having a determined look on her face "We're going out in a mission. Hurry up!"

Kurt and Edith shared a brief glanced. The small blonde smiled. She was going on her first mission. Edith kissed her boyfriend quickly, watching as he left the room with a small pout.

The teen wore her uniform but it became invincible as soon as her skin shapeshifted into the comfortable night sky she was so used to already. Edith looked at herself in the mirror before rushing out.

Carina was ready to officially become one of the X-Men.

°°°°°°

The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore.

TO BE CONTINUED IN:

SUPERNOVA