Chapter 4: The Classes

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.

-Hellen Keller

°°°°°°

LONG PARTIES WEREN'T EDITH'S CUP OF TEA and, though Chance knew that, he didn't seem to care to much about the cheerleader's confort. After dropping Ellen off, Edith sat down by the snack table, watching a dance off to the beat of what she knew was Chance's favourite song, Another Brick in the Wall. The blonde knew she should've been annoyed, one way or another. It was Sally who picked the music. It was Sally who invited her boyfriend and her. It was Sally who knew just how much of a dick Chance was when he drunk too much.

It was Sally who had a crush on Chance since they were children.

Yet Edith didn't care. Her mind was filled with that small yet meaningful kiss. Her mind was filled with Ellen. She couldn't help herself. It wasn't easy to confuse the blonde and her tall friend had succeeded easily. Edith sighed, her eyes fixed on the floor. She knew someone would talk to her if she looked up.

She didn't want to talk, she wanted to find Ellen and demand an explanation. Possibly hug her and wonder what was going on with the two of them. But she couldn't. She was stuck. Edith was dating Chance and there was no way out of that one. Not even going back to being invisible, the blonde was aware.

Edith knew what happened to people who backed out of their group of friends.

"Babe..." Chance's slurred voice purred in her ear "I've been looking for you."

His words sounded clumsy and his breath smelled terrible. Oddly enough, while that didn't bother her with Ellen, it annoyed her greatly with Chance.

The teen grabbed his girlfriend's wrist, pulling her up and hugging her waist tightly. Maybe too tight. Edith frowned.

"What's up?"

"Reidtard is ogling you. Its making me sick." Edith could practically hear how Sally's older brother, Reid, scoffed. Or maybe blushed. She didn't really know the male "I wanted to teach him a lesson but I remembered how mad you get when I 'bully' other people. Aren't you proud of me? Shouldn't you give me a price?"

Edith groaned annoyingly, eyes widening as she felt Chance's hands lower until they nearly graced against her butt. They would have if she hadn't pulled back quickly.

"Just what are you doing?" she hissed, crossing her arms. Edith could easily see Sally from the corner of her eye, smirking.

Chance ran a hand through his messy hair and took a hold of the blonde's wrist, guiding her. Edith was really thankful her boyfriend at least had some common sense left in him.

It was a little weird he seemed to know his way around really well, finding the bathroom quickly and shutting the door behind them a little too forcefully. It made Edith jump and put some distance between them.

"What's up with you, you've been weird all night." the blonde muttered, leaning against the sink.

She could almost feel the argument. Chance and Edith had many of those.