Home [ Namjoon ]

Namjoon didn't know what else to do. Recently, they had been at each other's throats. Everyday seemed too suffocating every time they'd see each other. Yelling out things they didn't mean and constant walk outs. They didn't know why or how it started but somehow, stress from work got to both their heads making them release their anger on each other leading to growing fights they never resolved. Work was piling up for both of them, and nothing was pretty. The fact that they were under a lot of financial problems recently wasn't helping either. Everything was going insane, and none of them seemed to listen to each other anymore, they just knew how to talk and talk and talk.

For a week, Namjoon had endured the nights that they would sleep back facing one another not wanting to see each other for a while after constantly yapping, when all he wanted was to apologize and let her be in her arms again, but of course, good old friend ego got in the way. There was no way in hell he would apologize first. He thought. That night, he was tired. He didn't want to try to go home early and face her again. He was tired of being greeted by a loud thud and constant shouting. All he wanted that night was peace, and peace for him was drinking with his good friend Yoongi. He pulls up in his driveway, not even bothering to call if he was home because he knew by heart that he was. He jogs to the door, ringing the bell only to be greeted by a 4 year old girl and a lady that he has grown familiar with. He forces a smile to greet Yoongi's wife and his daughter. "You know where to find him" She gives him one last smile before disappearing upstairs with her child.

"How are you?" Yoongi asks, stirring his whiskey that sat on the marble table that parted them. He sat across Namjoon, in his pajamas, not even bothering to comb his hair. Namjoon sighs, not knowing how to respond. How was he? Even he didn't know how he was. Everything seemed to have been blown up all over his face. "Surviving" He replies. Yoongi stares at him questioningly. His gaze almost burns holes through Namjoon's eyebrows furrow. "What?" He knew Yoongi knew him too well, and it was frustrating enough that he couldn't even hide his emotions from his own friend. Yoongi knew that the only time that Namjoon would come unannounced was when something was bothering him. "Fine" he gives in. He starts to tell him how everything started, how he thinks it started and why he thinks it started. Yoongi takes little sips, humming every so often just to let Namjoon know he was indeed listening

"I don't know, It's just isn't the same when we first met.

With that statement, Yoongi cackled. He was a married man, he knew the ups and downs of being in a relationship like the back of his hand, but he was also learning, so he was surprised to hear how his good friend felt.

"Namjoon, you're smart. You're a smart guy, you say smart things to me and to the group but, what you just said was so dumb."

Namjoon was confused, placing his cup down and looking back at him.

"Of course things would change. Things had. I remember the first time I felt like this with my wife. I was slowly being introduced to the different changes and it was tough, but we both grew past it, and I know you will too."

Namjoon was silently listening to Yoongi this whole time. He couldn't believe that the guy in front of him, the one he himself used to lecture on love, was now lecturing hm.

"Y/N probably has her mistakes, and you do too. She probably has noticed the changes you're feeling but I know she just let it through, 'cause she loves you. Your whole love story won't be the same from start to end, you dumbass. It changes over time, and you just need to know how to cope with it."

Namjoon was dumbfounded. He knew that Yoongi was right, nothing stays the same forever, and he knew that. Maybe he was just so hung up on being so in love with her and was so used to the feeling of being all heart eyes around her that he couldn't stand the fact of everything being so broken, and feeling so broken.

"Let me ask you a question" Yoongi starts of, looking into his half empty cup and then to Namjoon. "Did you ever get tired, whilst you were with her?" The question echoes in his mind. In the span of 3 years, of course he has. There were times that he got so tired of everything. "Yes. Of course yes." He sighs. "But did you ever think of giving up on her, at least once?"

His eyes flash back at Yoongi, looking at him intently before replying. "Not ever."

"Then what are you still doing here? Fix this." Namjoon gulps down the remaining liquid in his cup, bidding his friend and his wife goodbye before rushing to drive home.

Y/N was worried, thinking back at how the following days went. Everything was chaotic, their house was a mess, their room was untidy. As well as them, they were a complete mess. They were screaming and not listening, they don't even look at each other anymore. Everything was out of the place and she didn't like it. He never knew but every time they fought she got scared, because every time they fought, it felt like their love was at the brink of ending, and she didn't want that. All she wanted was to be able to fix it, and that was she wanted to do that night.

She sat by the window, patiently waiting for her boyfriend to arrive. 6PM reads the clock, but no one walks through the door. Still, she waited, determined to fix it, make it right. 9PM, still no sign of him. She was beginning to worry, she then sits on the front porch, knees on her chest, still silently and patiently waiting. It was then midnight. Every car had past by and every one she looked to see if it was him but no. She was about to give up and just go inside when she hears a car pull up in front. Her eyes, flooded with tears, look up to see Namjoon standing by at the end of the driveway, eyes on her.

And as if on cue, the rain pours, but he stays still. She quickly gets up and runs towards him, he opens his arms and lovingly wraps them around her.

"I'm sorry." She whispers against his chest.

"I'm sorry too, baby." He replies placing a soft kiss on the top of her head.

"Do you still love me?" She questions, looking up to see his face. His eyes lock with her, as he smiles. His dimples finally showing up and his eyes slowly disappearing.

"Always have, always will."

She smiles back, tightening her hug around him. The rain trickles down their body but none of them move, they just wanted to feel each other again after being so far away. This was what he wanted, this was what he thought he lost, what he thought they lost. He thought they lost love, but he was wrong. He sighs deeply thanking the gods that finally, he was home.