Small Talk [ Yoongi ]

The silence that filled the plane cabin had always been a sweet lullaby to her everytime she travels. Her heartbeat was steady as her breathing was.

"Please fasten your seatbelts we are preparing for landing"

The stewardess announces through an intercom but the loud music blasting through her headphones was enough to block it all out. She felt the plane whirl around, causing her stomach to twist and turnㅡ it was landing. She thought. Her hand flies back to her phone, clicking it open greeted by the bright light. Her background reminded her of so much, it was a lacrosse field.

She stares at it briefly to see the time before clicking it off. The memories came crashing back down. She remembers how she had felt being on that field watching the man she has always loved play.

Come on, Y/N. It's been 2 years.

She forces her eyes shut, trying to indulge the music again, but, she couldn't; because just at that moment, their theme song had played. She hasn't deleted the song and it's been so long. She had been saying that she would but she knew she couldn't.

"We have arrived. Please wait for the lights to turn on before unfastening your seatbelts and leaving the cabin. Thank you for flying with Korean Airlines."

The plane's wheel stop fully, lights flickered open. She pulls the earpods off, keeping it in her bag. She stands, after taking off her seatbelt. The cold air rushes quickly as she lifts her hands up to reach the over head cabin. Shit, i'm too small. She had realized that an attendant had assisted her in placing her things. She takes a look around to see no attendants available near her. She sighs, trying to tiptoe.

"Here i'll help you"

What?

That voice.

It was all too familiar. Her heart races, as she slowly takes a turn. Her eyes widens.

"Yoongi?"

She takes a breathe, his eyes fall down meeting hers in the process. His heart leaps.

"Y/N? How've you been?"

He sets her bag down and she quickly takes hold of it. Her cheeks heat up almost immediately at the sight of him.

"I've been well, how about you?"

She asks as she starts to walk with him following behind.

"Great, taking up a musical degree."

He says, brushing his hair up with his fingers. Her soft hold on to the luggage tightens as her heart beats faster.

"Hey, are you up for coffee? I know a good place to chill here."

He asks, rubbing his nape slowly. She smiles at him, nodding.

"Sure, why not?"

-

They head to a cozy little coffee shop. It was thankfully near her hotel thus making it easier to leave later.

"What's going on with you?"

He asks, leaning a little forward to listen what she had to say. She grins, thinking of the things she had been up to lately that made her so happy.

"I've been majoring in choreography now that's one."

She starts off thinking of how hsppy she was as she was so close to living her dream.

"Really? I can't believe you're finally doing it! I've waited so long to see you do what you love"

He states taking her aback. What he said was shocking yet moving. The smile never left his face until the coffee came. The cups were set down infront of them. Her heart skips a beat seeing hiw much he's remembered you. Despite being apart for almost 5 years was truly amazing.

"It's an honor to hear praises from you, the performing king"

Who used to be My performing king.

She repeats in her head sighing. She sees him break into a huge grin before taking a sip. The two fall silent, mesmerized in the view before each other.

"I missed you."

Yoongi says softly, his eyes glued to the caffeine filled drink. Shocked, she looks at the boy seated infront of her. She knew too well that she did too. She missed every single part of him. She missed him so much.

"I did too."

Her lips pressed into a thin line, gaze falling back down. His hands find its way to hers.

"Look, i know we can't bring back what we had but I just want to let you know that i love you. I still do."

His eyes were sincere, she knew him too well.

"You know we can try."

His attention was called.

"We can always try to fix what we had and try to make things right"

Yoongi was blissful. His heart started to beat so quickly, he was smiling brightly now. Something he rarely did

"Are you serious? Do you really think we could..."

"I really think we could."

With that, he stands up, hugging her tightly. Her arms slowly coil around him returning the hug.

"It has always been you, and it will always be you"

Yoongi whisper, planting a soft kiss on her forehead.

They couldn't believe that all it took was one plane ride away from home to bring them back together. Hopefully, forever.

-

[a/n] here's something less angsty! Finally 💛 hope you guys like it tho 🌙